Help Needed! How much fromm's do you feed your bully?

forriverhendrix

Mar 25, 2014
California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
FN: River, MN: Hendrix
Hi guys!

Just wondering if you follow the Fromm's guidelines for feeding your bullys?? For instance, River is six months old and has been on the Fromm's all-stages grain-free Pork and Peas (I read over and over that you should feed bully puppies adult food at this age so their bones don't grow too fast and cause joint problems!). And the guidelines on the back of the bag say for her weight (41 lbs!) we should be feeding her about 2 cups a day so we've been doing 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup at night. Plus her yogurt and oil and vitamin. And treats.

Is that enough?!

We were feeding her so much more before with Royal Canin and then after switching noticed how much less Fromm's requires. We did double the recommended amount for awhile since the fine print said to do so for puppies. But now that she's considered an adult we're following the regular guidelines... I guess it just is a decent cut in the amount and I wanted to know if that sounded about right....

THANK YOU so much! I don't know what I'd do without this site!!

XX
Megan && River

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's about right for her age, and if she starts to get too thin, then just increase it a little. Once she gets over one year of age, you can cut back a little. Our adult females we feed 3/4 cup twice a day to maintain their weight. We also feed the Pork and Peas.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Megan, it sounds perfect. You can switch to adult dog food at 6 to 7 months old, and then also reduce their feedings to twice a day at this time as well. We feed our two guys Fromm's Beef Fritatta, and recently I am trying Fromm's Lamb and Lentil, and we feed them 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup in the evening, plus yogurt, coconut oil, ACV in their water, and we give fresh fruits like cut up apples, watermelon, bananas, blueberries and strawberries, plus we also give them cooked veggies like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and green beans. Whatever we are eating for dinner that day. We add the fruit to the morning routine, and add the veggies and coconut to the evening meals.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks gets 1 cup 2x a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

eljeffe23

Apr 1, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronson
Hi guys!

Just wondering if you follow the Fromm's guidelines for feeding your bullys?? For instance, River is six months old and has been on the Fromm's all-stages grain-free Pork and Peas (I read over and over that you should feed bully puppies adult food at this age so their bones don't grow too fast and cause joint problems!). And the guidelines on the back of the bag say for her weight (41 lbs!) we should be feeding her about 2 cups a day so we've been doing 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup at night. Plus her yogurt and oil and vitamin. And treats.

Is that enough?!

We were feeding her so much more before with Royal Canin and then after switching noticed how much less Fromm's requires. We did double the recommended amount for awhile since the fine print said to do so for puppies. But now that she's considered an adult we're following the regular guidelines... I guess it just is a decent cut in the amount and I wanted to know if that sounded about right....

THANK YOU so much! I don't know what I'd do without this site!!

XX
Megan && River

To me it is all dog specific, my dog goes to day care every day and plays for 8 hours, so we feed him more. If he was a couch potato I would feed him less. Keep an eye on the waist line, there should be a natural taper at the waist, and go from there. I feed my 7.5 month old 3 cups a day and he is doing fine. I am actually feeding him more than he probably needs in these developmental months (6-10), just to ensure that he develops plenty of muscle mass. I will trade some extra weight now for the muscle and then cut back later on. With the inherent joint problems, having strong muscles to support the joints is critical. I also am waiting until after 10 months for the old snip snip for the same reason. The main story here is the worst thing you could have is an overweight puppy with poor muscular development.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Thanks for the thread as Chance is about to go through the change over in a month to Adult food and found answers here

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
I fed what it said on the bag till bongo was 1 I believe it said double the portions for pups up until there 1. Which I did and bongo did great maintained great weight. Now he's at 1 and 3 quarters twice a day and im thinking of taking him down to a cup twice a day.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.