Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Puppy Food Question

Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxi Bear
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Puppy Food Question

Thank you so much for the feedback! I really appreciate all of the helpful comments. I started her on Royal Canin when I first got her because it was what the vet recommended--boy was he wrong! I recently bought a HUGE bag of Royal Canin so when it comes time to buy food again I will definitely get a different brand. The only problem is that the PetCo in my area doesn't sell either of the foods suggested. I don't really like ordering products over the internet so I'm kind of stuck on what to do. Any suggestions?

Again thank you all for your helpful comments!! Roxi and I appreciate them very much!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RoxiBear View Post
    Thank you so much for the feedback! I really appreciate all of the helpful comments. I started her on Royal Canin when I first got her because it was what the vet recommended--boy was he wrong! I recently bought a HUGE bag of Royal Canin so when it comes time to buy food again I will definitely get a different brand. The only problem is that the PetCo in my area doesn't sell either of the foods suggested. I don't really like ordering products over the internet so I'm kind of stuck on what to do. Any suggestions?

Again thank you all for your helpful comments!! Roxi and I appreciate them very much!
    No pet retailer will have it, you will need to look for your local Feed & Supply stores. If they don't have it, you can ask if they can get it for you from their distributor.

Or you can visit Fromm's website, where are you from exactly?

Otherwise we have a couple places we can recommend for online shopping that many of us use.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

@desertskybulldogs, i promise to try to have clean breaks so you won't have to wipe my bum.

@RoxiBear, try a feed store or a dog wash. you can ask the feed store or dog wash to special order for you if they don't already carry it. don't get sticker shock, the food is going to be 20 dollars more than what you are used to paying, but your baby will be healthy, they will eat much less because there aren't crappy fillers, you will have to pick up less poops, and you will ultimately have lower vet bills because you'll be avoiding a lot of problems that stem from poor nutrition. Carolina Pet Pantry and Petflow.com are two great places to order from, i believe CPP had a special on shipping, if they charged for it at all, and petflow does flat rate 4.95. it is so worth it, making the ups guy deliver your food instead of you hauling it around, you'll also save money ordering it online. Good Luck! i want to see pictures of your bully!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxi Bear
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    No pet retailer will have it, you will need to look for your local Feed & Supply stores. If they don't have it, you can ask if they can get it for you from their distributor.

Or you can visit Fromm's website, where are you from exactly?

Otherwise we have a couple places we can recommend for online shopping that many of us use.

I will definitely call around and ask if they can get me either one of these! I live in Northwest Arkansas. I got on the Fromm website and there are a few stores around
    but they are at least 45 miles away. I would love to know of some online recommendations!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxi Bear
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    @desertskybulldogs, i promise to try to have clean breaks so you won't have to wipe my bum.

@RoxiBear, try a feed store or a dog wash. you can ask the feed store or dog wash to special order for you if they don't already carry it. don't get sticker shock, the food is going to be 20 dollars more than what you are used to paying, but your baby will be healthy, they will eat much less because there aren't crappy fillers, you will have to pick up less poops, and you will ultimately have lower vet bills because you'll be avoiding a lot of problems that stem from poor nutrition. Carolina Pet Pantry and Petflow.com are two great places to order from, i believe CPP had a special on shipping, if they charged for it at all, and petflow does flat rate 4.95. it is so worth it, making the ups guy deliver your food instead of you hauling it around, you'll also save money ordering it online. Good Luck! i want to see pictures of your bully!

I am definitely looking into these products! I'm not sure why my picture won't save on my profile. I have an album with 6 pictures in it as of now. I'm sure there will be more added soon

Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxi Bear
    Likes (Received)

I finally got it to work!!! She is about 4-5 months old here

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I was just going to tell you about the avatar

Check out the tutorials board too, lots of info about all the fun stuff like earning bully bucks, bullytube, facebook connect, awards and achievements, event calendar, user tagging, and so much more!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

@kazzy220 what are the benefits of the yogart and veggies or fruits? Sounds like a totally yummy dinner. And your right they do eat way better then we do.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Also how much would you start changing them? Like if they have 1c in the am and 1c in the pm how much should be eukanuba and how much should be Fromm?

Only one week to go till bella comes home. I brought her over to our apartment the other night and she was skateboarding on one of my sons toy farm trucks. It was so funny. This is gonna be alot of fun. Can't wait.
    Last edited by Bellas Mommy; 01-14-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations and good luck with that! You have come to the right place for anwers! I wish I could tell you but i did it way to fast. Right now both of mine are on Taste of the Wild (Lola has been on that for 3 years) and we are very pleased with it....although the gas is horrible and hubby swears it is the food but NOT changing! Can't wait to hear how it goes getting her home, etc!
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Bulldog(s) Names
    BUGZY
    Likes (Received)

YOU GUYS ARE ALL TOO FUNNY!!!! @desertskybulldogs JUST MAKE SURE TO CHECK THEIR TEMPERAMENT... YOU WILL WANNA KNOW HOW THEYLL GET ALONG WITH OTHERS LOL
    @RoxiBear I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH BUGZY WHEN HE WAS A PUPPY I SWITCHED HIM OVER TO NUTRO NATURAL CHOICE -CHICKEN RICE AND OATMEAL FOR SENSITIVE STOMACH I COULDNT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER, HIS WAS SOLID FARTS DID NOT SMELL!!!!I ALSO GIVE HIM THEIR TREATS.. WHEN I SWITCHED HIM INTO NUTRO NATURAL I STARTED MIXING IN THE NEW FOOD WITH THE OLD FOOD LITTLE BY LITTLE BY LITTLE UNTIL HIS BOWL WAS 100% THE NEW FOOD...IT WAS GREAT BUT NOW THAT HIS BIGGER AM THINKING OF SWITCHING HIM INTO FROMM-JUST THINKING OF WHICH FLAVOR HE'LL BEST!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellas Mommy View Post
    @kazzy220 what are the benefits of the yogart and veggies or fruits? Sounds like a totally yummy dinner. And your right they do eat way better then we do.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Also how much would you start changing them? Like if they have 1c in the am and 1c in the pm how much should be eukanuba and how much should be Fromm?

Only one week to go till bella comes home. I brought her over to our apartment the other night and she was skateboarding on one of my sons toy farm trucks. It was so funny. This is gonna be alot of fun. Can't wait.
    @Bellas Mommy The natural yogurt I use because it's good for their stomach and I also like them to have a little extra calcium for their bones. Apart from that ..... they LOVE it!!! The veggies and fruits are all just healthy snacks/treats for them. It's nice to be able to give them something healthy as a treat!

We changed Daddy on to Fromm very slowly, so that we didn't upset his stomach and also because we had bought this huge bag of food from the rescue place when we went to pick him up. I did 25%Fromm and 75% other food for three days, and we then changed the amount every three days. It was 50% and 50% , then 75% Fromm to 25% old food until we were on 100% Fromm. So it took about 10 days to make the full transition. We never had any problems at all.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

@kazzy220- thank you. Im gonna try the yogart too. I already keeps lots of frozen fruits and veggies for my son so i love the idea of giving those to the dog too insteadof the not so healthy dog treats out there. Thanks for the info too on how you switched your food over too that. Would you wait to put the yogart in after i change all the way over to fromm? Also how much yogart do you give?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads