Thread: Confusion with whats best for pups

Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Louie
    Likes (Received)

Question Confusion with whats best for pups

Hi i,m new to this and just want the very best for my new pup.....
    When we bought him, the breeder gave us advice about food (Royal Canin) and what to add, also to give him a calcium tablet 3 x per week ?????
    After talking to other owners and advice from the Vets....we are now getting a little confused...,,
    Any help or tips would be much appreciated..

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Confusion with whats best for pups

Take it one step at a time, continue with what the breeder gave you for at least a few weeks.

You can then slowly switch to a better food, and once that's established you can add other good stuff like yogurt and salmon or coconut oil.

However I would replace the calcium tablets with a good supplement instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

First off welcome to the site. The best place for you to start would be to read over the articles posted on the home page as they contain a wealth of information to help you along the way. Royal Canine is not all that great of a food but if it works for your pup I wouldn't look to change it right away. With food you will want to feed the highest quality food that you pup does well on that won't break your budget while keeping in mind thay while high quality foods are more expensive it will last longer as you will need to feed less at each feeding and it will save you money in the long run in other areas.

As for the calcium supplements.... Yeah I wouldn't personally give them as I would use a complete supplement like NuVet or HardyPet for all the supplemental needs. You also want to go ahead and start introducing probiotics to your pup in the form of plain yogurt, kefir or powder.

One of the biggest things to remember with a bully pup is to only introduce 1 new item at a time so that if they have a reaction to that item you will know what caused it.

This is just a few quick highlights for you. We don't bite and are really friendly around here so feel free to ask any questions you have.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome and I agree with the others, switch his food to something better in a few weeks and I would not give the calcium supplement. I have never given any of our pups calcium supplements.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Couldn't have said it better than @Marine91...Good luck with your new pup!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    First off welcome to the site. The best place for you to start would be to read over the articles posted on the home page as they contain a wealth of information to help you along the way. Royal Canine is not all that great of a food but if it works for your pup I wouldn't look to change it right away. With food you will want to feed the highest quality food that you pup does well on that won't break your budget while keeping in mind thay while high quality foods are more expensive it will last longer as you will need to feed less at each feeding and it will save you money in the long run in other areas.

As for the calcium supplements.... Yeah I wouldn't personally give them as I would use a complete supplement like NuVet or HardyPet for all the supplemental needs. You also want to go ahead and start introducing probiotics to your pup in the form of plain yogurt, kefir or powder.

One of the biggest things to remember with a bully pup is to only introduce 1 new item at a time so that if they have a reaction to that item you will know what caused it.

This is just a few quick highlights for you. We don't bite and are really friendly around here so feel free to ask any questions you have.

GREAT INFO!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin' groomzilla Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ron
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post

fantastic advice would add that on the top of the page right hand corner is a search engine just add a topic and it will bring you to threads concerning that topic.

Remove Ads