Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We switched Blossom and Dozers food a little over two years ago to Fromm's Beef Fritatta due to her having allergic reactions to chicken, and salmon based foods, and corn and grains. She has done very well on this food, but she still licked her paws sometimes, and still has a little tear stains, but not bad. Lately I've been noticing that Dozer has been starting to lick his paws, he's shedding more, and his eyes have been a little goopy. I'm wondering if being on the same food for so long is causing them to be too used to it and starting to cause some allergy issues? I wanted to try Fromm's Pork and Peas, but it hasn't come to Canada yet, and I tried Pork and Applesauce last year, and also tried The Duck formula, which both caused allergies in Blossom. Last month I bought my usual Fromm's Beef, but at a different store, when I was at my friends. The owner gave me a few sample bags of Fromm's Lamb and Lentil, and I have fed them this flavour 4 times, this is the second day, and so far no reactions, no hives, no red or pink skin, no itching or licking paws, and their poops are the same, only they are a slightly different colour. I guess this is due to the different protein source and maybe the lentils. I'm hoping this continues to be a food that they tolerate. I have one more week left of the Fromm's Beef in the dogfood container, and the next bag I'm going to buy is the Fromm's Lamb and Lentil. May a change in their protein source will be good for them, and reduce the allergy symptoms. Crossing my fingers. I'm just glad that with Fromm's you don't have to do the slow transition. They really seem to like it too, they both gobble it up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good luck Monica.... Keep us posted. Banks is good on most flavors, I can not do the tunalini or surf n turf due to salmon being in them.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I will be starting Wally on the adult Fromms soon, he has horrible tear stains from the puppy formula. I'm grateful that at least on the Fromms you can switch around easily. I hope that this works for your guys Monica...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.