Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I have found Ftse likes natural Greek yoghurt, Is Greek yoghurt ok for them to have I thought it was the same as normal yoghurt but now not sure. :confused:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I think Greek yogurt is good for them. It is strained so it is thicker and I think it actually has less milk sugar (lactose) than normal yogurt so doesn't tend to cause as much digestive issues. Plus is filled with great probiotics for healthy gut flora! Frank gets a spoonful a day and has never shown any adverse reaction.

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That's good then its nice to find a treat that he actually likes

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Julie. Greek yogurt is an excellent source of probiotics, and is very good and safe to give you're bully. Greek yogurt has more probiotics and protein than regular plain yogurt, and Kefir has more probiotics than Greek Yogurt. All 3 are good for us and bullies. Greek yogurt is a little more expensive than plain yogurt, and Kefir is expensive compared to yogurt or Greek yogurt. A bottle of Kefir usually costs about $7 to $9 depending on the brand, and if its on sale or not.

Difference Between Kefir and Yogurt

ā€¢ Categorized under Food | Difference Between Kefir and Yogurt

Kefir vs Yogurt

Kefir and Yogurt are milk products, which are cultured. Many think Kefir and Yogurt to be the same. Though Kefir and yogurt have similar taste and other similar properties, these two milk products are not the same.

One of the differences that can be seen between Kefir and yogurt is in the fermentation process. While Kefir is fermented with yeast and bacteria, Yogurt is fermented only with bacteria.

Though both Kefir and yogurt contains bacteria, the former contains more friendly bacteria than the other. Yogurt has transient beneficial bacteria, which helps in keeping the digestive system clean. It also provides food to the other friendly bacteria that are present in the digestive system. On the other hand, Kefir helps to colonize intestinal tract, which Yogurt cannot.

Another difference that can be noticed is that Kefirā€™s yeast and bacteria combination has more nutritional value than Yogurt. Kefir also helps to keep the colon clean and healthy.

Considering the digestion, Kefir is easily digested than Yogurt. As the Kefir curd size is smaller to that of Yogurt, it becomes easier to get digested. This makes it more a favorite dish to the babies and elderly people.

Another difference that can be seen between the two milk products is that Yogurt can be made by ā€˜inoculatingā€™ fresh milk with another batch of yogurt. On the other hand, this is not possible with Kefir.

Though there are certain similarities between Yogurt and Kefir in taste and texture, Kefir comes much thinner and can be drunk easily.

Both Kefir and Yogurt have Turkish origin. Kefir means ā€˜to frothā€™ and Yogurt in Turkish means ā€œdenseā€ or ā€œthickā€™.

Summary

1. Kefir is fermented with yeast and bacteria. Yogurt is fermented only with bacteria.

2. Kefir has more nutritional values than Yogurt.

3. Though both Kefir and yogurt contains bacteria, the former contains more friendly bacteria than the other.

4. Kefir helps to colonize intestinal tract. Yogurt has transient beneficial bacteria, which keeps digestive system clean. It also provides food to the other friendly bacteria that are present in the digestive system.

5. As the Kefir curd size is smaller to that of Yogurt, it becomes easier to get digested.

6. Yogurt can be made by ā€˜inoculatingā€™ fresh milk with another batch of yogurt. On the other hand, this is not possible with Kefir.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Julie, I give Vegas a big spoon of fat free plain greek yogurt with a few slices of banana for his bedtime snack many nights. He loves it!! and it says 3x probiotics on the one I buy. Makes a mess, but I do it anyway.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I use fat-free plain greek yogurt for my dogs every morning ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sure is.... we use it every morning. Plain greek

OP
Ftse 100

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I am just so :excited:I have found something he likes and will eat.

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
I gave Gordo kefir this morning and he has not touched his food all day!!! Haja

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.