Collards Food

loalsa

Jun 24, 2014
Hi has anyone given their bully's Collards kibble or heard of it?
Is Collards any good?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I never heard of it, but i tagged two members that might be able to help out

OP
loalsa

loalsa

Jun 24, 2014
Looks to be a non average food, rice being the main ingredient. This is a uk food, found it on this site: http://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/0527/collards-adult-turkey-and-rice

I know there are much better choices in the uk but don't know the names of the foods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's what she's on at the moment with the breeder and wanted to keep her on the same until she's older so I don't upset her tummy if I didn't need to just wanted to make sure I wasn't feeding her rubbish really

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Yeah it's what she's on at the moment with the breeder and wanted to keep her on the same until she's older so I don't upset her tummy if I didn't need to just wanted to make sure I wasn't feeding her rubbish really

If you switch her over slowly -- mixing it in with her current food and gradually increasing the amount of new food while decreasing the amount of the old food over the course of 2 weeks or so -- she should be fine. I switched Ruckus from what the breeder had him on to a much better food. It's better to start early so she gets all the protein and nutrients she needs as a puppy.

OP
loalsa

loalsa

Jun 24, 2014
If you switch her over slowly -- mixing it in with her current food and gradually increasing the amount of new food while decreasing the amount of the old food over the course of 2 weeks or so -- she should be fine. I switched Ruckus from what the breeder had him on to a much better food. It's better to start early so she gets all the protein and nutrients she needs as a puppy.

What's a good food? I've seen that royal canin do a bulldog food?

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
EBN has great resources for food rankings: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?203-Our-Top-5-Recommended-Dog-Food-Choices

I feed Ruckus grain free food by Fromm. That said, he did so well on that brand from the time he was a puppy until now, that I don't really have experience with other brands. The only switching I did was move him from Fromm Adult Gold to the grain free 4-star varieties. Generally I'd recommend grain free, and a food where chicken ins't the primary protein, but all bullies are different.

macksmom210

Jun 26, 2014
I kept my Mack on the same brand the breeder was feeding him, Royal Canin, and he's doing great on it... My vet told me that they make a an EBD formula that I can switch hi over to at 8-9 months.... Does anyone else use this brand?

OP
loalsa

loalsa

Jun 24, 2014
I kept my Mack on the same brand the breeder was feeding him, Royal Canin, and he's doing great on it... My vet told me that they make a an EBD formula that I can switch hi over to at 8-9 months.... Does anyone else use this brand?

Yeah I've seen that one too. Collards the one she's being fed by breeder is hypoallergenic which is why the said she's on it but been told the Royal Canin food is the best ? It's so confusing if I'm honest

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.