What should I be feeding my English Bulldog?

joeybrown105

Jul 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roscoe
Good morning! First time poster, here. But my english bulldog, Roscoe, is almost 2 years old, and lately I've noticed that his stool has gotten very loose (not runny, more like soft-serve ice cream.. sorry for the description!!!)

I've been feeding him limited ingredient Nutro lamb and rice (Limited Ingredient Diet - Lamb & Whole Brown Rice Natural Dry Dog Food : NUTRO® NATURAL CHOICE® Dog Foods - The Nutro Company), and it's just now started to become more noticeable that his stool doesn't have the right consistency.

Any recommendations for bullies that won't upset their stomachs? Thanks in advance! : )

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
:hiii::welcome: so glad you found your way here, have you tried adding some pumpkin it will help firm up the stools there are some great threads relating to this issue. On the top right hand of this page is an advanced search enter your question or key words and it will direct you to threads pertaining to that issue. There will also be some other members who will give you great advice. I give my bully Fromm puppy gold and love it will be a Fromm adult food when he is older.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree with Ron on the Fromms it's top notch food. I would get him off that Nutro and try something grain free and see if it works. Until then you could add some canned pumpkin (not the pie stuff) into his meals and it should help firm up his poo. Don't worry about graphic poo descriptions on here we've heard it all LOL! :welcome: to EBN!

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
One of mine also had soft serve poop. I just thought that was her "normal" but after switching to grain free her poops are normal. I guess she was sensitive to grain.

I agree that Fromm is a great food but it can be pricey like Orijen and Acana. I feed Victor Grain Free Yukon River. It's a salmon and sweet potato formula and is a great food for the price $53 28lbs. Check out dogfoodadvisor.com after you get some recommendations and read up on the ingredients.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.