URGENT!!! Warning Nutro dog food issues

osborne00

Jun 25, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus
I'm currently sitting in the vets office with my bulldog waiting on an IV. He has lost 5 lbs and can't keep down any food or water. I just purchased a new bag of grain free Nutro Natural Choice last week. My vet went to the a consumer affairs web site and there have been several complaints from dog owners that purchased this product in June. A couple of people mentioned that they called the company and their customer service reps stated that the formula has just changed (I have not verified that). My bully has been on this brand for three yrs with no problems. Since there are limited choices in grain free dog foods, I thought there could be a chance other bully owners may be using this product.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Paryers tha your baby is OK.... sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

There are many other grain free foods .... Fromm is one of thebetter lines out there, never a recall or issue

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sending prayers, hope he will be okay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness, sending prayers for your baby!!! Thank you for updating us about the Nutro food...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh no, I'm so sorry, I hope they can get him fixed up. That's soooo wrong.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Please keep us informed about Rufus, I am praying now and will
continue, that his issue is found & treatable & he recovers completely.
Thank you for letting us know about Nutro recalls. Sending you big hugs
of love & comfort as I know how worried you are right now...may GOD
bless you & Rufus, today & every day!

tkwill

Jun 17, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
I have Hank on Nutro Ultra for puppies and have not had a problem. When i took Hank to the vet the first time and told her that is what we were giving her, she said that way good. I gave my 13 year old Weimaraner Nutro his whole life with no problems.

Please advise if this is incorrect. I only want Hank to have the best.

You're in my prayers.

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you for this! I have Jake on Nutro Large puppy and switching to another brand. Just ordered Fromm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Sending positive thoughts that Rufus will be okay! How scary! Sometimes you just don't know and some batches of kibble can be bad. We went through something similar when Frank was a puppy - we had him on Blue Wilderness puppy and he was drinking and peeing constantly and wasn't eating well. We took him to the vet and she was horrified that we were feeding him that and told us there had been a quiet recall of certain batches. She tested his kidney levels and he ended up being fine but it scared us. However, some people have fed their bullies the same kind with no problems. Most bullies are also very sensitive to various kibble types and sometimes it takes a while to find the right one.

Keep us posted on how Rufus is doing - you are both in my thoughts.

LexiLou

Nov 20, 2013
outside of Seattle, WA
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lexi Lou and our Bully angel Libby.
Poor guy. :( I hope he recovers quickly. Thank you for the warning. That's the same brand I've got Lexi on. Time to switch to Fromm.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I will Pray for Your Baby, I hope all is ok with Rufus. Please let us know how he is doing. I feed only Fromm dry food and about 2 tablespoons of canned Caniae mixed into the Fromm.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.