Calling all Fromms feeders!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
hi
i feed my dogs avo derm and things have been great. i found a dog food list on the sit somewhere. i have always stuck with one food at a time so im not sure if it really matters if you keep changing. You should know with in a week or 2 if it is the right one. Good luck

Agreed 100%

OP
D

dunky

May 31, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie
I made the trek to the "local" stores that were listed on the Fromm's website. One didn't have very good customer service, and the girl seemed annoyed when I asked her prices, but the other was fantastic. I ended up getting a 15lb bag of the pork & peas so I could go ahead and get them switching over, and she also gave me samples of the other kinds along with a free can of their shredded pork. They said they could order in the lamb & lentil for me, that they have a buy 12 get one free program, and could possibly even deliver!

My picky eater seemed to like it okay, but he has a tendency to eat something for a few days then go on a hunger strike. Allie and my other 2 frenchies are pretty much food vacuums, so I really like the smaller kibble size of the Fromms.

I'm just happy to start getting them switched. I'm planning on switching them a little quicker than I normally do (5-7 days instead of my normal 1-2 weeks) since they are having such issues, and I figured I'll pick up some plain yogurt this weekend to help. I also have a dried pumpkin and apple fiber powder that I can add to their food.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I made the trek to the "local" stores that were listed on the Fromm's website. One didn't have very good customer service, and the girl seemed annoyed when I asked her prices, but the other was fantastic. I ended up getting a 15lb bag of the pork & peas so I could go ahead and get them switching over, and she also gave me samples of the other kinds along with a free can of their shredded pork. They said they could order in the lamb & lentil for me, that they have a buy 12 get one free program, and could possibly even deliver!

My picky eater seemed to like it okay, but he has a tendency to eat something for a few days then go on a hunger strike. Allie and my other 2 frenchies are pretty much food vacuums, so I really like the smaller kibble size of the Fromms.

I'm just happy to start getting them switched. I'm planning on switching them a little quicker than I normally do (5-7 days instead of my normal 1-2 weeks) since they are having such issues, and I figured I'll pick up some plain yogurt this weekend to help. I also have a dried pumpkin and apple fiber powder that I can add to their food.

great plan! Best of luck... my teo are also vacuums so the little kibble is a real plus! the lamb/lentil are little itty bitty shapes of lamb -- kinda cute :)

OP
D

dunky

May 31, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie
So far, so good. Tonight's feeding was 75% fromms and 25% old stuff, and I'm already noticing Allie's face not turning quite so pink after eating. Her stools are also a bit better, but I'm still seeing issues with my Frenchie boy. He's been on 2 weeks of antibiotics this month, so I'm hoping it's just going to take time. I'm also planning on switching them to twice a day feedings, since I've been being a bad mommy and only feeding them once a day since I switched to a job where I have to leave for work at 5am.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So far, so good. Tonight's feeding was 75% fromms and 25% old stuff, and I'm already noticing Allie's face not turning quite so pink after eating. Her stools are also a bit better, but I'm still seeing issues with my Frenchie boy. He's been on 2 weeks of antibiotics this month, so I'm hoping it's just going to take time. I'm also planning on switching them to twice a day feedings, since I've been being a bad mommy and only feeding them once a day since I switched to a job where I have to leave for work at 5am.

Great news, twice a day feedings are so go for their blood sugar and metabolism as well as potty timing, hope you start seeing improvement with your Frenchie too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

dunky

May 31, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie
Just wanted to update, Allie's feet are healing up and her eyes/ears are doing better too! Still fighting some tummy issues in the Frenchie, but I think it'll take him a while to even out. They all think they are extra spoiled getting fed breakfast, but Allie really didn't want to get up earlier today so I had time to feed them lol.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just wanted to update, Allie's feet are healing up and her eyes/ears are doing better too! Still fighting some tummy issues in the Frenchie, but I think it'll take him a while to even out. They all think they are extra spoiled getting fed breakfast, but Allie really didn't want to get up earlier today so I had time to feed them lol.

FANTASTIC!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.