The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Has anyone ever used any products from The Honest Kitchen Co.? We may be starting to do various protein tests over the next few months as another step in our continued saga. The one thing I like about the Preference dog food base mix product is that it does not have a meat or fish protein in it so you can use the protien of your choice when making the meals. Which is good if you are trying to eliminate a protein as you won't have to buy several different foods only to throw away what doesn't work out. Another plus is that it is grain and white potato free from what I can see. I am just not sure.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I fed Rampage Honest Kitchen for quite a while, it is a premium product and the people there are outstanding to work with. The customer service is just awesome. I was very impressed with the results I got with Ram's severe allergies. Good luck with it!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It's funny you mention the honest kitchen. Last night, we were walking Blue and met another Bulldog owner. We started talking about their special needs and he swears by the honest kitchen. Said it saved his dogs coat and helped with his allergies.

I've known about it for a while, but never met anyone who's tried it until last night. So I decided I wanna give it a try. But before I do, want to compare the ingredients in Preference Base mix (grain free) to the Stella & Chewy's he's on now.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
So far sounds good. We will be making a decision in about 2 weeks if we are going to go this route and from what I ahve read it does look good but wasn't sure. The only real negative I have found about it on the web is some people think there are differences between thr 3lb and 7lb of the same type but I haven't found anything to substantiate those claims.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
So far sounds good. We will be making a decision in about 2 weeks if we are going to go this route and from what I ahve read it does look good but wasn't sure. The only real negative I have found about it on the web is some people think there are differences between thr 3lb and 7lb of the same type but I haven't found anything to substantiate those claims.

Todd,

When I first started looking into it for my last bulldog, they actually sent me a free box, not sure if they are still doing it but worth a call.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Todd,

When I first started looking into it for my last bulldog, they actually sent me a free box, not sure if they are still doing it but worth a call.
That's cool. I will have to give them a shout if we have to go this route.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I personally have not used it, but when I worked at the doggie joint, we sold it and many pups in daycare ate it. All the people that used it LOVED it and all the pups on it we very healthy and had great coats

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.