Coconut Oil

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
I like the idea of using it for treats! I put it on my hands & feet & let the dogs lick it off. They are in heaven!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I use the solid, because its easier to scoop out, and to use on noses and paws. You can always make it liquid if you wanted to. I buy mine in a big plastic tub from Costco.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
I use the solid, because its easier to scoop out, and to use on noses and paws. You can always make it liquid if you wanted to. I buy mine in a big plastic tub from Costco.
Thank you will be picking up tomorrow then. Chubbs needs it.

Sent from S4 (Mia & Chubbs)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Pure raw unrefined coconut oil is a solid below 76 degrees and liquid above it. Most of the solids are not 100% pure and may contain undocumented impurities.

hbwright

Jul 2, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Margot
I'm using coconut oil on Margot's nose. Her nose was all crusted, scabbed and brown when we got her and looks a thousand times better but still looks like somebody took a cheese grater to it. So far I'm very happy with how her nose is looking and my foster coordinator came to visit her yesterday surprised at how well her nose looks. It's also good as a coat conditioner and a great healthy fat for their diet. I've heard, but no way to really say from experience, it is also good for keeping fleas off your pets. I don't think mine would leave it on their bodies long enough as they like to lick it off. Margot gets very excited when I take out my jar of coconut oil.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm using coconut oil on Margot's nose. Her nose was all crusted, scabbed and brown when we got her and looks a thousand times better but still looks like somebody took a cheese grater to it. So far I'm very happy with how her nose is looking and my foster coordinator came to visit her yesterday surprised at how well her nose looks. It's also good as a coat conditioner and a great healthy fat for their diet. I've heard, but no way to really say from experience, it is also good for keeping fleas off your pets. I don't think mine would leave it on their bodies long enough as they like to lick it off. Margot gets very excited when I take out my jar of coconut oil.

I've been using it on noses too starting a week ago- huge difference already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.