Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hey everyone! Quick question as I'm used to using salmon oil, does coconut oil need to be refrigerated after opening? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Don't think so. I put it in my protein shakes and we just leave it in the pantry. Just checked the bottle and it didn't say to after opening. :D

Hollys pork n peas peas already has it in her kibble too woohoo

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It turns rock solid if you put it in the fridge.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Does coconut oil cause diarrhea? Chums stool very loose since being on it..which is why I stopped using salmon oil too.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Couple of things.....

1. Coconut oil doesn’t need to be refrigerated after opening as it is liquid above 76 degrees and a solid below it.

2. You can place drops of coconut oil on wax paper and stick it in the fridge or freeze and give as treats later. The go nuts for them.

3. As with all oils and bullies... Give in moderation at it can cause runny poo if given too much. Just like all thing bully what amount works great for one mah not for others.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I don't refrigerate mine. I use it for Bocephus but also for myself, feet, cuticles etc. I love it!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
No [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I leave it on my kitchen counter… [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] I only give Roxie a 1/2tsp of the stuff once a day at dinner time.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks all! I'll start with small amounts then! Appreciate the advice. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Couple of things.....

1. Coconut oil doesn’t need to be refrigerated after opening as it is liquid above 76 degrees and a solid below it.

2. You can place drops of coconut oil on wax paper and stick it in the fridge or freeze and give as treats later. The go nuts for them.

3. As with all oils and bullies... Give in moderation at it can cause runny poo if given too much. Just like all thing bully what amount works great for one mah not for others.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Good ideas freezing it for treats. I am going to do this for sure.

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Does not need to be refrigerated....it will liquify if it gets warm inside, when it cools back down it will go back to being solid.

magnolia

Sep 11, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
magnolia "maggie"
What are the benefits of giving my bullie coconut oil? Do I just add to her food?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.