Treats

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Just a thought on treats. The object of giving treats is well, a 'treat'; reward for something well done, etc etc. Also, we go to great lengths to make sure our babies have the proper diet but if the treat isn't right for them, it is all for naught. I think it would be much better to keep some of their regular food in a treat jar and give that to them for 'treats' I'll bet they wouldn't know the difference and you wouldn't have to be concerned wether the treat was right for them or not. Ive given Gracie a few pieces of Fromm Beef Fritatta for a treat when she was on Surf and Turf .... she loved it. ;) That way she is getting a different taste without really changing her diet. :)

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Every dog is different ..... for Maximus, he gets Cheese. That is a treat he enjoys, but he doesn't get it daily. Due to his Allergies, he can not have any commercially prepared Treats, even the Gluten Free treats give him Diarrhea. He likes Cheese and yogurt. He won't eat vegetables. My VET warned against them due to choking.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
pumpkin, a heaping spoon twice a day when we have it. plain yogurt, cheese, apples, kale, potato, peanut butter...:whistle: we like snacks.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Belly gets a small scoop of cottage cheese and pumpkin in her food every day at 10 weeks old. The vet said that was great for her and she LOVES it! I started giving it to my Boston who is almost 13 yrs. old and you would think I was giving him the best treat in the whole world. Belly also get's "Now! Grain Free Treats" I've tried carrots, but she just spits them out.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online