Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Information Overload Re: allergy ridden bullie and what to feed her!

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member tyree213's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gilbert,Scarlet, Tyra, & Kevin
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Information Overload Re: allergy ridden bullie and what to feed her!

Freezing will kill the mites but wont solve the issue if the dog is allergic to the mites. They'll just be dead mites in the kibble (Will still cause allergic reations) Only alternatives if this is actually the case is home cooked or raw diet.

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    magnolia "maggie"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Information Overload Re: allergy ridden bullie and what to feed her!

My Maggie has severe allergies as well. She is 10 and I was so close to putting her down because she lost all her hair and she was so miserable. I made one more effort around the holidays and changed her diet to all raw. It took some time but she has gotten her hair back and she has a little pep in her step now. She has a few very small hot spots and she is constantly licking her paws. I do give her the ACV but maybe I need to try filtered water and just found out at her last vet visit she is allergic to the pollen and grass so now I need to give her benedrlyll. You should definately try the raw food and don't make it yourself. It is so hard to get the ratio correct or else you will mess up her insides and through her BM off.

Natural balance Limited ingredient dog food? Lola is very tolerant of food changes but the natural balance seems to work best. I have not run across a protein that she has an intolerance for eating.

Grain free really does seem to be the number one hint.

Have you tried an elimination approach?

Diphenydramine and hydroxyzine work very well for histamine release prevention.
    Princess Lola and the Pea , ACGC, CGC, Registered Therapy Dog through Therapy Dogs Incorporated.

Real Name
    Karri Seeds
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fiona
    Likes (Received)

I have taken both coconut oil and oil of oregano for candida overgrowth (yeast) and dogs can take it too. There is a lot about coconut oil on here, but I don't know that too many people know about the oil of Oregano. There's a lot of information on www.oregapet.com (click on Canada, as the US site isn't up yet) I get my oil from the local health food store.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

Coconut oil hasn't helped Charley. I've never tried oregano, but gave tons of it growing in the yard. We've been using coconut oil for about 6 months now and he has yet another yeast/staph ear infection. I'm getting ready to try 2 sardines for animal based omegas instead of the flax based omegas in Missing Link. I gave him 1/2 sardine tonight! I've been looking at dinovite too, but have decided to try sardines this week. We'll see.

Charley's Acana lamb and apple food will likely be grain free when we buy the next bag. They've made the change, but the new bags haven't arrived at our local store yet.

Hopefully Ally, Charley and other itchy bullies will feel better soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads