Fromm's Gold Puppy Questions

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I was just wondering at what age is the best to switch over from Fromm's gold puppy mix to maybe the Fromm's adult breed. Bella is 9 months this month and I am currently feeding her two and two-thirds cups a day (1 2/3 in the morning and one cup in the evening). I'm just wondering if I should buy the adult brand on my next purchase of Fromm's as I have heard you would want to at least feed your puppy puppy food for a year. It was just weird because today she looked at her bowl after I fed her as if she was still hungry. And then she started barking. She never does that.

Anyways on a positive note I found out today that a nearby pet store is starting to carry Fromm's. We have all the big chains where I am located here in Indiana from Petco to Petsmart and some other smaller outlets but none of them carry Fromm's. Today I went on their website and saw that there was a location nearby that has all the Fromm's flavors including the puppy and the adult food. So this is good news as I do not have to get it shipped anymore and they are also selling it at a cheaper rate! Win-win.

Thanks,
Bryan & Bella
urejyvyp.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I switched June from the Fromm puppy to Beef Frittata flavor at about 5-6 months because she had tear stains. I was hoping she just needed grain-free and I was correct! She now eats the Surf and Turf flavor and also likes Pork and Peas :) As for the amount... not sure?! June only eats 1 cup am & 1 cup pm and sometimes leaves a little.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Love the picture.... my girl is named after a famous Cubbie!

You cna switch to adult food any time after 6 months, most switch around 8 months to the adult food.

OP
Bryan4Bella7

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Would I have to do a slow transaction if I went to adult food? For example mix a little bit of adult food in with her puppy food for a few weeks until fully converting to the adult food? I may go with the beef Fromm's as I need to pick up a new bag this week and there's a little left of her old puppy mix.

As for your dog being named after a cub legend could I venture a guess his first name was Ernie?? That's awesome! Go Cubs!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Would I have to do a slow transaction if I went to adult food? For example mix a little bit of adult food in with her puppy food for a few weeks until fully converting to the adult food? I may go with the beef Fromm's as I need to pick up a new bag this week and there's a little left of her old puppy mix.

As for your dog being named after a cub legend could I venture a guess his first name was Ernie?? That's awesome! Go Cubs!!!

Yes do a slow transition. The great thing about Fromms 4 star grain free food is that you can switch up the flavors all you want and not have any transition time between them. You need to with the switch from puppy to the 4 star though. Get a small bag too of the Fromms 4 star until you find the flavor you like best. Also you can get a discount if you order through the Petflow link here on the home page and use the coupon code Bulldog25. good LUCK!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have Walter on the puppy gold as well, and I plan to transition him at 6 mos. He has tear staining as well, but I want to keep him on puppy for a little while longer...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes do a slow switch from the puppy to the four star. Once you are on the four star, you can switch around flavors within the four star line without transitioning.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.