Thread: not eating his food

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    chunk
    Likes (Received)

Default not eating his food

hello i was wondering if anyone had any suggestion to help my dog increase his appetite. i have taken him to the vet and each time i take him he has lost weight. i did move recently which the vet says is the reason why he is not eating. but i have taken him twice and again each time i take him he weights less. he did have runny poop and he gave me medication for that and he doesn't have runny poop but he didn't give me anything for him not eating. i am feeding him blue wilderness witch i think is a good quality food.he still drinks water and plays with my other dog.the other dog is just eating fine and i assume has adjusted to the move. from what the vet told everything is ok he doesn't have anything wrong with him he just needs to adjust. i moved in to my new place on 5/01/2014 and its already going to be a full month and he doesnt really eat at all.i feed him twice a day 1 cup and a half.any help would be appreciated thanks.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member tyree213's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gilbert,Scarlet, Tyra, & Kevin
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: not eating his food

Maybe try adding some wet food, or green beans.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

The move could definitely do this, especially to a Bulldog as they are routine addicts and some what OCD..... add some frozen green beans or plain yogurt to see if he'll eat more.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    chunk
    Likes (Received)

so i added yogurt he is eating but not as much he is 1yr and 4 months now do i still feed him 1 cup and a half in the morning and 1 cup and a half at night or does he not need as much food as he did before.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I wouldn't reduce his food especially since he's losing weight, but try and find a topper that he likes, like the yogurt, cooked vegetables, a couple of spoons of Blue Buffalo wet food, peanut butter, green beans, or something else he might like, you can also try adding some warm water, or beef broth to his kibble to make a sort of gravy, the smell may stimulate his appetite. You can also try hand feeding him to see if he eats for you.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    chunk
    Likes (Received)

when do i stop giving him the topper(yogurt) im assuming i cant give it to him for ever.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

I give Meatball some sort of topper on his food for his morning feeding everyday. I will add egg, fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, veggies etc. Than I leave his second feeding just plain kibble. Sometimes he finishes his second feeding sometimes he leaves a bit. Bully's can be a bit snobby with food lol.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

No, you can and should give him yogurt everyday, its an excellent source of probiotics, which is great for digestion and also boosts the immune system, so will help him fight infections, and help with any allergy symptoms. We give our guys 2 Tbsp. of plain unsweetened yogurt on their morning kibble everyday, and we give them Omega Oil on their evening kibble along with cooked veggies like carrots, cauliflower, broccoli or green beans, whatever we are eating for dinner. You can use salmon oil, cod liver oil or coconut oil for the Omegas, and you can buy them at the drugstore or health food store. We also add 1 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar to their drinking water everyday.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    No, you can and should give him yogurt everyday, its an excellent source of probiotics, which is great for digestion and also boosts the immune system, so will help him fight infections, and help with any allergy symptoms. We give our guys 2 Tbsp. of plain unsweetened yogurt on their morning kibble everyday, and we give them Omega Oil on their evening kibble along with cooked veggies like carrots, cauliflower, broccoli or green beans, whatever we are eating for dinner. You can use salmon oil, cod liver oil or coconut oil for the Omegas, and you can buy them at the drugstore or health food store. We also add 1 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar to their drinking water everyday.
    I'm going to try the apple cider vinegar with Meatball. Thanks

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nikedunks00 View Post
    when do i stop giving him the topper(yogurt) im assuming i cant give it to him for ever.
    yes you can.... plain yogurt is good for them
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads