Help Needed! Which food to feed my english bulldog?

hilarylogan

May 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I have an English bulldog named Winston he is a 1.5 years old. I have pretty much figured out the bathing, allergies, ect. with the help of the vet. I was feeding him Diamond Naturals Lite dog food which was great because it didn't have dried beet pulp or tomato pumace in it. Those ingredients seem to make Winston have tear stains. My problem with the Diamond food is that since it was the lite formula and he was losing too much weight. I saw most people reccommend FROMM brand. Which would be the best formula to get him that will not contribute to his tear stains?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We feed Fromm grain free Pork and Peas and am trying the Lentil and Lamb this week too. Nice thng about Fromm grain free line is you can swithc easily betweeen flavors without transition. AND, they are 100% sourced and made in the USA

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We feed Fromm grain free Pork and Peas and am trying the Lentil and Lamb this week too. Nice thng about Fromm grain free line is you can swithc easily betweeen flavors without transition. AND, they are 100% sourced and made in the USA

Same here and when we started on Fromms the tear stains disappeared.

OP
H

hilarylogan

May 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thank you for all of the great advice! I will be picking some up for him this evening!

MushiesMom

Jun 8, 2013
Country
United States of Merica
Bulldog(s) Names
Fuggles McMush (Mushie)
I feed mush fromm grain free pork and peas and she's doing amazing (knock on wood knock on wood knock on wood). Food makes a huge difference. We had her on blue buffalo grain free healthy weight for about a year and dealt with reoccurring urinary tract infections and chin acne the whole time. Now with fromm, she hasn't had an episode since. Fromm has been around for over 100 years and is known for not having any recalls. Can't get much better than that....

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Hilary, my female Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, corn and grains. We went through 4 food changes before we found one that both our guys tolerated. A lot of bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken, and a lot of the foods on the market are checked based. We switched them to Fromm's Beef Frittata 21 months ago, and they are both doing well on this food. It can be frustrating trying to find a good quality food that is both nutritious and that they tolerate. It's basically trial and error until you find the right one.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.