Advice on which food to transition to....

Calilor

May 11, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Just asking a bit of advice from the seasoned English bully owners out there. I had a bulldog years ago, but unfortunately, the food I used to use is no longer available. Just purchased an 8 week puppy and the owner had the puppies on Royal Canine Bulldog food. I read up on this and have received negative feedback on this food regarding its fillers and ingredients. It was encouraged that I transition to a more quality food slowly. Seeking suggestions on which is the best food to transition to. I have received suggestions such as Blue Buffalo, Innova, and Wellness. Your input is greatly appreciated!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hiya: :welcome3: to EBN.... many here have had great results with the Fromm grain free line for adults and the puppy (pink bag, I forget the name of it)! Others like Natures Variety, Nature Balance, Wellness Core, Orejin (spelling), Taste of the Wild are some that I can think of .

I feed Fromm cause it is grain free, sourced and made in the USA and you can easily switch flavors without being concerned about a transition period.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:hiya: :welcome3: to EBN.... many here have had great results with the Fromm grain free line for adults and the puppy (pink bag, I forget the name of it)! Others like Natures Variety, Nature Balance, Wellness Core, Orejin, Tate of the Wild (spelling) are some that I can think of .

I feed Fromm cause it is grain free, sourced and made in the USA and you can easily switch flavors without being concerned about a transition period.

Agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=11839]Calilor[/MENTION], the "best" food for your bully will be the one he responds the best to. Sorry for such a vague answer! Lots of trial and error when transitioning our bullies to a kibble. All the ones Christine mentioned above are great brands. Currently I have mine on Wellness Core which is a grain-free kibble but I also home-cook for them (I alternate between the two every few months).

Did you check the food ratings section on our site?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Christine, I just had to giggle at this...are you referring to my boy here...Tate of the Wild?! Yes, he's quite wild!! :laugh:

:rofl: yes, your boy is a wild one!!! .... :eek:

OP
C

Calilor

May 11, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Hi Cali baker
No I have not found where the food ratings are. Still learning the navigation of this site. Thanks

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.