need help dog suffering from tear stains with fromm's

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
my bulldog is 8 months old. he's currently on fromms beef fritatta. poops are firm but does suffer from watery eyes/tear stains. want to stop them before they get out of control. any idea on what i should do? thank you all

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Try one of the other flavors... you do not have to do a transition within the grain free line. My girl had some watery eyes on the Beef but overall did well... I switched her to Pork and Peas and it cleared up. i plan on trying the lamb and lentil next

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you can find really good information on tear stains by going to the Home page on this forum and look under The English Bulldog Learning Centre, scroll down to the bottom and click on Lisa's article on How to get rid of tear stains.

BigBodyBenzo

Apr 19, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Benzo
my bulldog is 8 months old. he's currently on fromms beef fritatta. poops are firm but does suffer from watery eyes/tear stains. want to stop them before they get out of control. any idea on what i should do? thank you all

I just switched by 6 month old puppy to fromm 4 star, how many cups a day are you feeding your pup?

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Mine had tear stains forever and I could not get rid of them no matter what I did and I was doing homecooking and using Wellness Core Ocean. I decided to use the Fromm Beef Frittata and both of my girls tear stains disappeared; then I decided after two bags to try the pork and peas and the tear stains came back on both of them so mine is definitely food related and I use to use large amounts of pork for their food when I was homecooking for them. I now have them back on the beef frittata and will stay with that for mine. You just have to do trial and error until you find the right one for them. Good Luck!

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Yes, unfortunatly with new pups food is always trial and error. Esp with bullies. So I would change the food flavor agreeing with everyone else. :]

askbuford

May 7, 2014
Angel Eyes supplement did a beautiful job for us. The powder worked a lot better than the chews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor Rigby aka. Ellie 4 years and Beaux who is 4months.
I tried the beef with mine and she turned her nose at it. The first flavor we tried was gamebird. So we switched back to that flavor and she cant get enough. But I have noticed the tearing is hit and miss with her.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.