Grain Free Food and Yeast

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
I have been feeding my bulldog grain free food for a few months. It seems that since that point she has had more problems with yeast infections. Could the two be related?

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
i dont think its realated, personally. Jovi had a huge issue with yeast. After some helpful tips on here I was pointed in the right direction of buying douxo chlorhexidine pads and wiped all the spots she had it and after a month it was fully treated. She has no problems with yeast anymore but I do still wipe her 3 times a week just in case. I am sure something may have triggered it to get worse but I really dont think its the grain free. I switched Jovi to grain free when I found out she had it and it hasnt influenced anything, if it did then it just helped. Also give your dog yogurt because that works wonders!

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
OH and forgot to add, yeast is a living thing so if its not treated it WILL spread. So possibly its not being treated enough? try the tips i posted before this and hopefully it will help wonders like it did for me :]

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Totally agree with April, the yogurt will make a big difference if you're not giving it already.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
You need to treat the yeast, and wash all her blankets, toys and anything else she lays on. You also need to keep her very dry. Yeast loves warm, damp places. Also, are you positive it's yeast?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
How much yogurt do you recommend - like a tablespoon or so per day?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Also, try to avoid white potato....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.