cuilkie

Apr 25, 2014
Texas
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Hi Bulldog Friends,
This is my first post and day here as a member! Im so excited to let my google research go and turn to you guys for REAL answers!

Currently Diesel is about 70lbs, he is 4 years old so not much over weight. Although he was 75lbs a month and a half ago. So we've lost!! Im trying to get him down about 65ish. The vet informed me about a green bean diet??? Im not sure how it works and if he is literally only suppose to eat only green beans in place of his meals?? Told me to do this for about a week or so and he should drop shead some pounds quickly.
Is this okay for his digestive system??? I feel as if he might get constipated ??

Has anybody tried this? Or have even heard of it??
Maybe some
other diet suggestions ???

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. Basically you replace half of the kibble you would normally feed at meal times with the same amount of green beans.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi Courtney and welcome to EBN. Diesel is beautiful. You'll love it on this site, and will learn so much. Everyone is bully crazy, and always willing to answer your questions, give advice, or share their experiences. We treat each other like a big family, we share each others happiness and sadness, and are always willing to lend an ear. Looking forward to seeing more of you on here and of seeing pictures of Diesel. Todd has you covered regarding the green beans. The beans will fill up his tummy and make him feel full while you are reducing his kibble without adding calories.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I do this with my girl whenever she needs to lose a few pounds... works like a charm.... just like Todd said 1 part kibble and 1 part green beans

Benedict2013

Dec 25, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Benedict
I make mini meatballs of 95% ground beef as lean as you can get it, I cook them in the microwave with a cup if fresh green beans, Benedict 💙 it I only give him 6 mini meat balls and I drain the juice to take the fat out. So fa 8 lbs lost post knee surgery 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
This sounds like something I would like to try as well..do you use cooked green beans or uncooked? We had steamed string beans for dinner on Tuesday and tried giving them as treats to my boys but they said no thanks..but like apples and sweet potatoes raw..well one of them will eat sweet potato raw..the other prefers cooked

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.