Hello has anyone got any advice on the best food for a dog with acid reflux
many thanks

sburnett0609

Mar 13, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Bappy
what kind of reflux symptoms are they having?

do them vomit bile in the morning?
x

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN! What type of food are you feeding? You can give over the counter anti-acid to your pup.... 1 pill before meals.... 10mg

OP
T

Tinkerbell

Apr 22, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell and lily
Welcome to EBN! What type of food are you feeding? You can give over the counter anti-acid to your pup.... 1 pill before meals.... 10mg

She has bin have tinned meat and chum puppy mixer now is having fresh chicken With the mixer I am blending the mixer and adding water I have today got her some anti acid pills

- - - Updated - - -

I am looking for a mixer that would help her

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She has bin have tinned meat and chum puppy mixer now is having fresh chicken With the mixer I am blending the mixer and adding water I have today got her some anti acid pills

- - - Updated - - -

I am looking for a mixer that would help her
[MENTION=9105]Pati Robins[/MENTION] .... any ideas?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] -this is what i can think of atm xx

Please dont tell me its pedigree? -it got only 4% of meat rest is fillers and nasty stuff (in uk dog food companies can name "meat" anything from hoofs to tails)
Think of it this way -if you pay through the nose for a bully why would you feed him human version of "fast food" every day
Shy when we adopted her from dog home she was on pedigree and vomited daily
also how old is the pup , how much do you feed exactly ,and how often
as it was already asked what colour and consistency is the bile

Edit: to answer your question dont buy mixers ,look for complete grain free food -either online or in store (not supermarkets) even tho james welbeloved in us is classed as 3 star food in uk we class it as a good food, similar price range is wainwrights grain free range from pets at home , or burns , then my favourite orijen
From wet we use nature harvest (holistic and hypoallergenic with added salmon oil etc) and nature diet -same stuff -the good thing with those 2 wet food brands -os the fact you dont need to feed much -standard grown up bulldog can have 1,5-2 trays a day
yda9ebyh.jpg

OP
T

Tinkerbell

Apr 22, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell and lily
@2BullyMama -this is what i can think of atm xx

Please dont tell me its pedigree? -it got only 4% of meat rest is fillers and nasty stuff (in uk dog food companies can name "meat" anything from hoofs to tails)
Think of it this way -if you pay through the nose for a bully why would you feed him human version of "fast food" every day
Shy when we adopted her from dog home she was on pedigree and vomited daily
also how old is the pup , how much do you feed exactly ,and how often
as it was already asked what colour and consistency is the bile

Edit: to answer your question dont buy mixers ,look for complete grain free food -either online or in store (not supermarkets) even tho james welbeloved in us is classed as 3 star food in uk we class it as a good food, similar price range is wainwrights grain free range from pets at home , or burns , then my favourite orijen
From wet we use nature harvest (holistic and hypoallergenic with added salmon oil etc) and nature diet -same stuff -the good thing with those 2 wet food brands -os the fact you dont need to feed much -standard grown up bulldog can have 1,5-2 trays a day
yda9ebyh.jpg
She 17 months old it sounds more like coughing up than being sick. It's white frith and sometimes with food in it

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
How much and how often do you feed?

OP
T

Tinkerbell

Apr 22, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell and lily
She was being fed twice a day but now giving her around 4small meals

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
I ask again how much? (Grams,cups etc) And how heavy is your dog-it will give us idea of you are feeding to much or to little -with pedigree -you need to feed quite a bit as quality is low

OP
T

Tinkerbell

Apr 22, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell and lily
She has roughly 3/4of a mug 4times a day now I will be changing the the mixer ASAP looking at grain free mixers

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Fantastic , we feed less than 3/4 twice a day hun xx so in the kong run it will save you ££ too xxx

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.