Pure balance dog food

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Sooooo porky literally hadn't eaten in 3 days :( she wasn't sick because she was begging for food she just started hating Fromm :( so I went shopping n asked about the iams grain free (cringe I know) when the Lady stocking the pet food aisle showed me this new pure balance food!! I'm pessimistic but I bought some and she lovesssssssss it she gets all wiggly when she hears the bag crinkle!!! Being it's a Walmart exclusive food I'm completely doubting it's going to be good and expecting recalls but my dog is weird she hates the good food!!!! I will keep everyone updated on any issues!!! I got her bison and peas and salmon and peas as she has a chicken allergy. It's all grain soy and corn free no chicken by proudcrs and supposedly made with all natural ingredients!!!! Since we stated her while she had a yeast infection in her nose I'm gunna have to keep an eye on that but this is day 3 and so far nothing bad to report :) it is 8 dollars for a 3 lb bag in case anyone is wondering lol

RIP all the bullies who got their wings to soon u were all loved

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hey if it works well what's important us that she's eating. I looked it up and I'm shocked.... It really doesn't look too shabby for being a walmart food. Likely a 3 star range... And shockingly the chicken one looks a but better than the lamb. But alas, it's chicken. Didn't look at the other ones just yet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
I'm having the same problem with Meatball! He just won't eat his food anymore, it's also Fromm.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Well today she had some soft serve poops but that could also be because my fiancé was feeding her slim Jim's last night ugh men he doesn't get the "no snacks until I know the food isn't effecting her" rule lol. She really does love this though so I guess we will battle any minor issues as they come :/

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I'm having the same problem with Meatball! He just won't eat his food anymore, it's also Fromm.

I'm not suggesting anyone get this lol but we have gone through every single top rated dog food there is and she just hates them :/ what I like is I can get her very small bags to try and so she doesn't get sick of the same flavor.

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
It's been a while since this was posted. Any updates on this food? I am starting Diego on this tomorrow.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well today she had some soft serve poops but that could also be because my fiancé was feeding her slim Jim's last night ugh men he doesn't get the "no snacks until I know the food isn't effecting her" rule lol. She really does love this though so I guess we will battle any minor issues as they come :/

Slim Jim's? Naughty fiancé! :rofl:

How is she doing on this food, any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christian1971

Sep 2, 2014
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie, Zoey
Our Josie has been on it for a month. Buffalo and ..... So far she is liking it with no negative side effects.
She does fart a bit more, but no big deal. Not that much cheaper then TOTW. But will keep feeding unless problems arise.
PS. We are adding to the English bulldog family. 3 year old mini bulldog named Babs will come home this coming Monday.
Will send pics and info once she is in our possession. Im excited, nervous and everything else. More smooches. Ooh yaaah!!!

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Same here. I just switched from Fromm to Brothers Complete (lamb formula) and he loves it! Not leaving any in the bowl. The past few weeks he has been leaving almost half his food in the bowl and wasn't thrilled when I would first put his bowl out for breakfast and dinner.

Susan Alba

Dec 16, 2015
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosco
Hi all, I just wanted to share my experience with pure balance. My 4.5 year old (Bosco) started on pet lands health extensions, but he just didn't seem to enjoy it. I also felt bad going in that store and seeing all the puppies in cages (my son used to work there as a vet tech type , and brought us Bosco at 6 mo.s because he had to be fostered after cherry eye surgery...we kept him!) Anyhow since about 1 year old we've used the pure balance...different flavors but usually chicken or lamb. Tried the grain free but it made him sick. But other than that he's very healthy and happy. I don't know how others do it...but I just keep food in his bowl...he eats when and however much he wants. He is NOT overweight, and isn't desperate to eat like my old bosses dogs who were fed a set amt. I just can't do that. Anyhow...he does shed a little. And in the summer he is allergic to something g probably chiggers , I usually give him benadryl and that helps a lot. (2 caps maybe 2x a day) ..I love this dog more than most humans.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.