Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut oil

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey
    Likes (Received)

Default Coconut oil

Has anyone given their bulldog coconut oil? I know there are many good benefits from coconut oil, but id like other bully owners opinions.
    Thanks!!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Agatha Gump
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Coconut oil

I use on Agatha Gump's nose from time to time. Love it as does she!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Yes we've given Buster coconut oil before, I know there are many on here that give it to their bullies.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yes, i cook with coconut oil for the boys and for me as well. Stuff tastes really good. You can apply some on their coats( as well as on your own body)

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

I use coconut oil to moisturize Bocephus' nose and also occasionally give him a spoonful for a treat. He loves the taste and it's good for them.
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

I use it on Daisy's nose & her paws after walks. She loves to lick it off my hands while I apply it. Plus makes my hands feel great.
    Want to see more of me? Follow me on Instagram @DaisyMaeHambone

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

I didn't know about the coconut oil. Where do you get it? I would like to give it a try. How often can they have it?

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey
    Likes (Received)

Zoey has a pretty bad skin infection on her back and right shoulder - the antibiotic and spray the vet prescribed didn't seem to touch it. I would really like to find a home remedy so I can handle these situations on my own without have to spend money going to the vet (I know that sounds selfish of me but it gets to be wayyyy to much money) especially for a young person who works fulltime and goes to school. Another reason I want to find a good health home remedy is that Zoey has lots of allergies and the vet suspects she has a liver disease due to some complications we've ran into within the last year - so I can about bet you get my hint when I say vet bills are high lol. If anyone has experienced what I am going through please reach out to me any suggestions is more than appreciated.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We use coconut oil all the time both internally and externally. We rub it on Harlea's belly every other day and it is helping us fight the yeast and staph infection she has right now. She isn't as itchy when we use it either.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Real Name
    Brooke
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

I've given it to Bear a few times mixed with his breakfast, BUT I've bee using the stuff since the day my son was born. It's good for just about everything. My boyfriend puts some in his nostrils to help control seasonal allergies, does a butt kicking on stretch marks, it's good for skin infections, as a moisturizer, it's a natural sunscreen, we use it to condition the leather in my boyfriends car, works on cradle cap, it's great to have on hand! It even prevents diaper rash! Can't beat that!

If you don't like the smell of coconuts, you can get organic refined CN oil at walmart in the baking section. That's what I've been using.

Real Name
    Brooke
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeysMommy View Post
    Zoey has a pretty bad skin infection on her back and right shoulder - the antibiotic and spray the vet prescribed didn't seem to touch it. I would really like to find a home remedy so I can handle these situations on my own without have to spend money going to the vet (I know that sounds selfish of me but it gets to be wayyyy to much money) especially for a young person who works fulltime and goes to school. Another reason I want to find a good health home remedy is that Zoey has lots of allergies and the vet suspects she has a liver disease due to some complications we've ran into within the last year - so I can about bet you get my hint when I say vet bills are high lol. If anyone has experienced what I am going through please reach out to me any suggestions is more than appreciated.
    You might want to try neem oil for the skin infection. I used Richards Organics Neem Oil on my chi's reoccurring fungal infection on his neck one day and it cleared it up within an hour- I'm not even joking. The smell on the other hand, could take out an army.

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member HTX Bully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Holly
    Likes (Received)

There's coconut oil in Fromms Pork n Peas that we feed Holly. Her coat is awesome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads