Coconut oil

ZoeysMommy

Feb 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Has anyone given their bulldog coconut oil? I know there are many good benefits from coconut oil, but id like other bully owners opinions.
Thanks!!

keystnlabs

Dec 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Agatha Gump
I use on Agatha Gump's nose from time to time. Love it as does she!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes we've given Buster coconut oil before, I know there are many on here that give it to their bullies.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes, i cook with coconut oil for the boys and for me as well. Stuff tastes really good. You can apply some on their coats( as well as on your own body) :)

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I use coconut oil to moisturize Bocephus' nose and also occasionally give him a spoonful for a treat. He loves the taste and it's good for them.

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
I use it on Daisy's nose & her paws after walks. She loves to lick it off my hands while I apply it. Plus makes my hands feel great.

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
I didn't know about the coconut oil. Where do you get it? I would like to give it a try. How often can they have it?

OP
ZoeysMommy

ZoeysMommy

Feb 4, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Zoey has a pretty bad skin infection on her back and right shoulder - the antibiotic and spray the vet prescribed didn't seem to touch it. I would really like to find a home remedy so I can handle these situations on my own without have to spend money going to the vet (I know that sounds selfish of me but it gets to be wayyyy to much money) especially for a young person who works fulltime and goes to school. Another reason I want to find a good health home remedy is that Zoey has lots of allergies and the vet suspects she has a liver disease due to some complications we've ran into within the last year - so I can about bet you get my hint when I say vet bills are high lol. If anyone has experienced what I am going through please reach out to me any suggestions is more than appreciated.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We use coconut oil all the time both internally and externally. We rub it on Harlea's belly every other day and it is helping us fight the yeast and staph infection she has right now. She isn't as itchy when we use it either.

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I've given it to Bear a few times mixed with his breakfast, BUT I've bee using the stuff since the day my son was born. It's good for just about everything. My boyfriend puts some in his nostrils to help control seasonal allergies, does a butt kicking on stretch marks, it's good for skin infections, as a moisturizer, it's a natural sunscreen, we use it to condition the leather in my boyfriends car, works on cradle cap, it's great to have on hand! It even prevents diaper rash! Can't beat that!

If you don't like the smell of coconuts, you can get organic refined CN oil at walmart in the baking section. That's what I've been using.

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Zoey has a pretty bad skin infection on her back and right shoulder - the antibiotic and spray the vet prescribed didn't seem to touch it. I would really like to find a home remedy so I can handle these situations on my own without have to spend money going to the vet (I know that sounds selfish of me but it gets to be wayyyy to much money) especially for a young person who works fulltime and goes to school. Another reason I want to find a good health home remedy is that Zoey has lots of allergies and the vet suspects she has a liver disease due to some complications we've ran into within the last year - so I can about bet you get my hint when I say vet bills are high lol. If anyone has experienced what I am going through please reach out to me any suggestions is more than appreciated.

You might want to try neem oil for the skin infection. I used Richards Organics Neem Oil on my chi's reoccurring fungal infection on his neck one day and it cleared it up within an hour- I'm not even joking. The smell on the other hand, could take out an army.

Bendy

Feb 23, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
I started spike on this a few days ago after reading the benefits of it, it needs to be the raw virgin coconut oil.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I use coconut oil instead of any other vegetable oil to cook with, so I always have a big jar of it in my kitchen. I don't use it on my dogs though because I prefer to give them meat-based oils instead of plant-based oils... like Salmon Oil... as it is more biologically appropriate.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online