Fromm Four Star Pork n Peas vs. Blue Buffalo Sensitive Solution Salmon and Potato?

BoscosMom

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosco
Bosco's been on Fromm Pork and Peas since he was a puppy but his stools has always been soft. We're thinking of transitioning him onto Blue Buffalo and seeing if that helps solidify his poop! Both formulas are grain free and chicken free.

Does anyone have any experience with Blue Buffalo Sensitive Solution Salmon and Potato? Or experience with both of these food types?

:)

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
I have not tried Fromm pork/peas. I just ordered it. My bulldog is bad on chicken and salmon. Have you tried Fromm beef frittata grain free? It could be the peas, I read somewhere peas could be a issue for bulldogs. But than again, I'm no expert and I know there are some real experts here on food:) I personally would try other grain free Fromm foods befor switching the brand altogether. Good luck :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How much do you feed? How old is Bosco?

sometimes it could just be an easy adjustment to the amount of food since it is high in protein you might be able to just cut back a littlea little

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Agreed, how much are you feeding?

Holly is on Pork n Peas and this is the only Fromms flavor she's really done well on (she's a yeasty hot mess). Yeast is pretty much gone now and she's been on Pork n Peas of a little over nine weeks now. Holly is 2 yrs old, 55 lbs and we feed her one cup twice a day. Plus plain Greek yogurt and other grain free treats. Poops are solid for us, good luck :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agreed, how much are you feeding?

Holly is on Pork n Peas and this is the only Fromms flavor she's really done well on (she's a yeasty hot mess). Yeast is pretty much gone now and she's been on Pork n Peas of a little over nine weeks now. Holly is 2 yrs old, 55 lbs and we feed her one cup twice a day. Plus plain Greek yogurt and other grain free treats. Poops are solid for us, good luck :)

Holy crap Banks too... Yeasty mess if it was not foe finding Fromm PnP. :up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=9473]BoscosMom[/MENTION]...Chubby eats Blue Buffalo...Lamb and oatmeal for puppies and is doing great...The only time he had issues is when we took him to the vet and they gave him milk bones...tore up his stomach...now we bring our own treats when we go to the vet...hopefully this is helpful♡

Chubby♡

OP
BoscosMom

BoscosMom

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosco
BullyMama - Bosco's almost a year old, about 42lbs and he's on 3 cups a day - 1.5 in the morning and 1.5 in the evening. For the longest time I was afraid we were overfeeding him, but the vet said that's not the case and he can actually afford to put on a few lbs! (He's pretty lean, not a tubby bulldog at all!)

He's got a chicken sensitivity so we'd like to keep him on a grain free/chicken free formula. hmm...might just give blue buffalo a try.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Bosco's been on Fromm Pork and Peas since he was a puppy but his stools has always been soft. We're thinking of transitioning him onto Blue Buffalo and seeing if that helps solidify his poop! Both formulas are grain free and chicken free.

Does anyone have any experience with Blue Buffalo Sensitive Solution Salmon and Potato? Or experience with both of these food types?

:)

Yup. The line you want is "Basic".

I tried Fromms Pork and Peas and baxter ended up losing hair, and getting skin reactions all over. Tossed that stuff out quickly.

Now he's supplementing his Farm Fresh whole food with a half cup of Blue Buffalo "Basic" - Turkey and Potatoes, and doing amazingly well.

They even have commercials now for BB Basic line and the star of the show is an English Bulldog. So they're marketing the stuff directly to Eng Bulldog owners

-B-

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
I am not an expert but I think your feeding too much food. Especially if Bosco gets treats and other extras in his diet. I would cut the food back to 1.25 cups per feeding, see if the poop firms up and then think about cutting it back to one cup per feeding. Holly was "lean" her first year. I don't think that is unusual. Bosco will fill out his second year.

All bullys are different, I would cut back the serving size of what your feeding before I switched foods. Good luck :)

OP
BoscosMom

BoscosMom

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosco
Thanks Baxter_Tiberius ! I think I'll have the BB Basic Line a try.

HTX - when we feed him less than what he's on his ribs start to show - he just looks very thin and unhealthy. He's such an active dog and gets so much exercise that I think he burns through his 3 cups a day pretty quickly!

Most Reactions