Pumpkin and sweet potato

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
After reading someone else's thread about food allergy, let me ask a question. My vet says Meatball is fine with sweet potato and pumpkin. However every time I buy treats with these ingredients his poo is runny, his eyes start tearing, he rolls on his back trying to scratch etc. my vet says its in my head, he's fine. When I stop those treats Meatball is fine within 24 hours. Could it be the pumpkin and sweet potato? Also, he's fine with the current treats I give with blueberry, cranberry, and lamb.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be something else in the treat.... What are the ingredients? list

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
After reading someone else's thread about food allergy, let me ask a question. My vet says Meatball is fine with sweet potato and pumpkin. However every time I buy treats with these ingredients his poo is runny, his eyes start tearing, he rolls on his back trying to scratch etc. my vet says its in my head, he's fine. When I stop those treats Meatball is fine within 24 hours. Could it be the pumpkin and sweet potato? Also, he's fine with the current treats I give with blueberry, cranberry, and lamb.
Hey, I gave the sweet potato treats to my neighbor but still have the pumpkin oatmeal.

ingredients
Tomato, Pumpkin, Blueberry, Egg, Oatmeal, Pomegranate, Sunflower Oil, Flaxeed Oil, Carrots, Cranberry, Brown Rice, Spinach, Lamb Meal, and last Chicken Fat.

I'm an idiot. Meatball is sensitive to chicken. So chicken fat is the issue. I can't believe I missed that!!! Although I tried giving him canned pumpkin once, didn't really care for it, but the small amount he ate gave him runs and gas.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey, I gave the sweet potato treats to my neighbor but still have the pumpkin oatmeal.

ingredients
Tomato, Pumpkin, Blueberry, Egg, Oatmeal, Pomegranate, Sunflower Oil, Flaxeed Oil, Carrots, Cranberry, Brown Rice, Spinach, Lamb Meal, and last Chicken Fat.

I'm an idiot. Meatball is sensitive to chicken. So chicken fat is the issue. I can't believe I missed that!!! Although I tried giving him canned pumpkin once, didn't really care for it, but the small amount he ate gave him runs and gas.

:rofl: I go through the same with Banks... Chicken and salmon are a big out... I have to read every ingredient list before I can buy anything new. I use Fruitibles.... She loves them and they are made inUSA, no chicken or salmon

OP
4flowers

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
:rofl: I go through the same with Banks... Chicken and salmon are a big out... I have to read every ingredient list before I can buy anything new. I use Fruitibles.... She loves them and they are made inUSA, no chicken or salmon
Yup same here, chicken and salmon are bad!!! I will check out these fruitibles thanks

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.