Earthborn holistic meadow feast VS fromms

amanda111m

Mar 23, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley May
I need some help on choosing a food for my almost 3 month old English bulldog, when we got her she was on diamond, we switched her to earthborn holistic primitive naturals (grain free) as that's what we feed our labs and they do great on it, she has been on it for a few weeks and has runny goopy poo, and horrid gas! Along with a few other issues. The poo and gas I believe is from the current earthborn being so high in protein (38%) I found the meadow feast formula from earthborn that is 28% protein, grain free and not many ingredients. Then there is the fromms 4 star (not grain free kind) it seems to have great ingriedents(more than earthborn but are all very good ingredients) and the protein level is lower. Plus what I really like about the formms, it has a variety of flavors and says dogs can be switched around on them without stomach upset.. Has anyone had their bulldogs on the earthborn meadow feast and fromms? I'm not sure what route to go any help would be great! :)

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
You can't go by me because I think I'm one of the very few that Fromms hasn't worked for..but Chumley is currently on earthborn holistic meadow feast after trying pretty much every Fromms flavor..Fromms gave him terrible gas and very loose poops like you said..He's doing great on earthborn so far after about 2 months..

OP
A

amanda111m

Mar 23, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley May
I kinda wonder if it would be better to try the earthborn first because I'm already feeding that brand?? Then if nothing changes try the fromms.. I like all the natural ingredients in fromms but the earthborn has less all together but still very good, and for bulldogs I've read less is best :eek:}

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I would never knock Fromms as it's worked for 99%?of the people here I believe???but being she's already on earthborn that makes sense to stick with it??I hear less is better too???good luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Earthborn is a very good food... maybe switch the Meadowfest [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] and i think [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] feed their bullies this food too

How much are you feeding each meal and day?

I did try to go to Earthborn, but when Fromm came out with Pork and Peas, I made the switch due to no chicken, no grain and no white potato... it was the perfect match for my Banks.

OP
A

amanda111m

Mar 23, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley May
She gets 1 cup in the am and 1 cup in the pm.

OP
A

amanda111m

Mar 23, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley May
Has anyone also had any of these foods help clear up tear stains?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Has anyone also had any of these foods help clear up tear stains?

yes, when i found the right food for Banks (Fromm Pork and Peas) her tear stains totally cleared up. Again, for her this is the perfect find as she is a yeast mess (white potato adds to that), she is allergic (highly) to chicken and I wanted to avoid grains --- enter Fromm Pork and Peas.

Finding that right food is such a long road, some luck out and find it quick, others, it can take years

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Fromm makes pork and peas grain free? When I got meatball we started with Natures Logic, personally I would have kept him on it if it weren't so darn hard to find. He does good on Fromm Beef Frittatta and Game Bird. I like Fromms because you can switch between flavors with no weaning. Choose the food that makes him less gassy. Gassy plus runny poo = try's different food something isn't agreeing IMO :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I really like the Earthborne food. I switch from the Meadows Feast to Fromm. No real reason, just wanted to see how my kiddos faired. I tend to switch off and one too. Right now we're feeding Taste of the Wild Southwest (boar). It has no potatoes in it.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I tired Fromm's with Vegas and he didn't do very well, I switched to Earthborne Meadowfest over a year ago and Vegas does great on it.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fromm makes pork and peas grain free? When I got meatball we started with Natures Logic, personally I would have kept him on it if it weren't so darn hard to find. He does good on Fromm Beef Frittatta and Game Bird. I like Fromms because you can switch between flavors with no weaning. Choose the food that makes him less gassy. Gassy plus runny poo = try's different food something isn't agreeing IMO :)

Yes... Pork and Peas, grain free and no white potato. In April new flavor will be Lamb and Lentils grain free and no white potato

OP
A

amanda111m

Mar 23, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley May
So far the fromm is not working, I know it's only been a few days but her poop is getting thinner, I'll let her finish this bag and if nothing changes we'll try something else...

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
how big is the bag? Perhaps the store will exchange it since it isn't agreeing with her. Our local pet food store (not a chain store) does this. Hate to see your puppy suffering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.