General Question Orijen puppy

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
After getting some advice from helpful members on here I'm thinking of changing my food to orijen puppy and was wondering does anybody else use or have used this and what's your opinion about it ?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We used it quite a lot (but my supplier failed to deliver on time-my girls loved the food ) in uk we cant get half of stuff US have so in my opinion this is a good quality food x

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There are a couple, I think here that use it. But, I will tag a couple people that are just great with knowledge of dog kibble in general

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Wow, I just read the ingredients. This looks like an excellent puppy formula with nothing really in it (aside from the chicken) that can cause allergies. The only "grain" it contains are lentils which is technically a grain legume, but they're so far down the list I doubt it would make a difference anyway, same with the peas. And thats if your dog is even allergic to lentils.

The protein is a whopping 38% and looks like most of it comes from animal meat/meal. The fat content is very nice at 20% which is great for a growing puppy.

If I ever get a puppy again, I would totally consider this food.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Not Orijen puppy, but Castor was on Orijen Six Fish for a few months. Although a really high quality kibble, unfortunately it turned out not to be perfect for him, because he didn't gain weight and his tummy was a bit upset. I posted about it a few months ago and we eventually decided to switch to a lower-protein kibble, which is working better. He has gained weight and seems less hungry. We might try Orijen again when he gets a bit older (he's almost a year old now).

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sorry, I can't comment on this food, as I have never used it. I use Taste of the Wild Pacific, grain free

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
We feed George Orijen puppy and he loves it. When you first start your pup on it you will need to switch gradually and start by mixing in the Orijen, gradually increasing the amount each day, in with his old food. This will help keep pups tummy from being too upset. I also think it keeps his coat super shiny and very soft. We get complements all the time on his coat and I attribute it to the food. Great product and I definitely recommend it!!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Henry was on the puppy formula but I think he has a sensitivity to the poultry maybe. We switched him to 6 fish and so far so good. I really like the food. I think the puppy food is amazing I just had indications of an allergy.

OP
Leon van houkje

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
Well I've bought a sack of this food but mixing it with Leon's old food 100 grams of his old food and 50 grams of orijen then maybe next week go 50/50

Sent from my iPhone using IOS 7.1

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Ive never used the puppy version but have used the six fish and red meat one and they are Excellent so im sure the puppy one would be just as good. They really are a great company.

OP
Leon van houkje

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
I've had Leon on this food for nearly two weeks now seems to be doing really well.
But can certain foods change the colour of a dogs coat ?

Sent from my iPhone using IOS 7.1

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
I have noticed George's coat to be more shiny. He has lightened up from when he was younger but not sure if that has anything to do with the Orijen. We do get a lot of compliments about his coat.

Most Reactions