Fromms puppy gold to beef frittata

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I'm gonna keep a log, especially for those that would like exact measurements :) on how to go about food transition. I'm currently feeding ace Fromms puppy gold (pink bag) 2 cups per day (1 cup AM, 1 cup PM). When I got Ace, I switched him from proplan chicken and rice to Fromms puppy gold with no issues at all, maybe a couple of soft poos. I used exact measurements to try to keep side effects to a minimum. I noticed that in the past month, he has been shedding quite a bit and flaking has gotten worse. I'm pin pointing it on either chicken or rice allergy, so I decided to go grain free to Fromms beef frittata.

Today was day 1. I gave him his usual 1 cup in AM puppy gold. I received the shipment today, so I started on his evening meal. I gave him 1 cup puppy gold in PM, with 1/8 cup beef frittata. See how this goes.

Goal is to do 1/8 cup till Wednesday., then drop 1/4 cup puppy gold and add 1/4 cup beef frittata.

Hope I'm not confusing you all, lol. Really hoping this gets his coat back to silkylicious like it was once :). Wish me luck.
aderupy8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Not confusing at all. When we did the switch we did it over a month but we were just being extra cautious.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Good luck! Food switches can be nerve-wracking and exciting at the same time. :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good plan! :up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, your right it probably was the chicken, a lot of bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken, but with Fromm's foods, it isn't necessary to do a slow transition when switching to different flavours, as they are all interchangeable. With each other.

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Hi, your right it probably was the chicken, a lot of bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken, but with Fromm's foods, it isn't necessary to do a slow transition when switching to different flavours, as they are all interchangeable. With each other.

Even though I'm going from puppy gold to beef frittata? I was under the impression flavors were interchangeable on Fromms grain free kibble only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Even though I'm going from puppy gold to beef frittata? I was under the impression flavors were interchangeable on Fromms grain free kibble only. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is my thought too..... let's confirm. Oh Lisa ! [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
!Update: Ace is up to 3/8 cup beef frittata and 1 1/4 cups gold. So far so good, normal stools all the way!

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
OOPS, may catch flack for this but I switched Dooley in 3 days from puppy to beef. 1/4 the first day, 1/2 and 1/2 the second and 3/4 the third. He was having such a hard time (going #2 7-10 times a day) on the puppy I didnt see where a quick transition would be any worse. His stool consistency never changed thru the process and by the end of the 4th day he was going less frequently. By the 6th day he was good to go.

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Wow! That was quick and good! I'd rather like for it to go that quick, but I'm just being extra cautious. Good to hear Dooley did well!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is my thought too..... let's confirm. Oh Lisa ! [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Yes and no, not just the grain free but all the four star line. The puppy is in the gold line. :up:

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Wow! That was quick and good! I'd rather like for it to go that quick, but I'm just being extra cautious. Good to hear Dooley did well!

Yes me too, but he was having trouble keeping anything in his system and I wanted to get it over and done. May not have been the best plan but it worked.

BigBodyBenzo

Apr 19, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Benzo
I was wondering about what the age and weight of your puppy is, he looks to be similar size to my pup. I am looking to switch to Fromm's beef frittata and Ive read that its for all ages but that puppys may need more than the recommended amount. If they do happen to be of similar age/weight, I was wonder the amount of food that you give him. Thank you.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was wondering about what the age and weight of your puppy is, he looks to be similar size to my pup. I am looking to switch to Fromm's beef frittata and Ive read that its for all ages but that puppys may need more than the recommended amount. If they do happen to be of similar age/weight, I was wonder the amount of food that you give him. Thank you.
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Most Reactions