Dog food flavors..

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Ok bully Mom and Dads, I have a new question....

If I stay with one brand of food for my kids, Does it hurt to change flavors on them....or maybe you all have an idea which flavor is best on Cadi's tummy. One is Salmon and sweet potatoes, one is Turkey and sweet potatoes, and the last is Beef and sweet potatoes. I would like to try all three and switch back and forth to give them a little change.... What do you all think?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I think a lot depends on the makers as well as the remaining ingredients in the food. I know with the Fromms 4 Star Grain Free line you can switch between the different flavors without having to do a transition, but I cannot speak to the other grain free lines from other manufacturers. I am sure someone with more food knowledge than my limited info will be along soon.

Tbearlion

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley
Marley does fine switching flavors with fromm. We went from beef frittata to pork and applesauce. Jake as well, he went from fromm puppy gold to the gold puppy for large breed.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

If I stay with one brand of food for my kids, Does it hurt to change flavors on them....or maybe you all have an idea which flavor is best on Cadi's tummy. One is Salmon and sweet potatoes, one is Turkey and sweet potatoes, and the last is Beef and sweet potatoes. I would like to try all three and switch back and forth to give them a little change.... What do you all think?

Hi Myrna! Nice to "see" you! What brand of food is this you want to try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

It depends on the line within the brand you are looking at?

I use Fromm grain free line and switch flavors all the time without issue. You can do this with other lines/brands, which are you looking at using?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.