General Question Cadi girl has no teeth....

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
I have never posted a new thread before so I hope I do it right !!

I have a 6 year old female, Cadi, who has been throwing up her food for a while now. I noticed it was still whole, she never even chewed it up.
I looked in her mouth a few days ago .... She has no teeth......... So my question to all of you is.... what is the best food (canned) to feed her...
I am willing to mix a good dry that has small bites with the canned.

Forgot to mention...she has been eating the canned successfully without throwing up. I think the throwing up is due to swallowing the large (extremely LARGE) sized kibble whole. I am hoping for suggestions that are grain free and full of veggies.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Hi mommy!! :lubu:

You did it right. Now you just have to sit back and wait for the smart and helpful.....and very nice people of EBN to give you suggestions.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I don't use canned food. You could soak her food so that it is soft.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
What about a good kibble with the grain free and veggies that your dog needs to maintain a healthy diet. and blend adding water to soften ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Myrna, what type of kibble do you feed Cadi? Most companies have a canned food brand as well as kibble. We feed our guys Fromms Beef Frittata, and they also sell a Fromms wet canned food. When I had my Jack Russell, we fed her Go Natural, and they also sell a Go wet canned food. You could also home cook for her using a protein source like chicken or ground beef, and adding rice and vegetables, this would be soft for her to eat.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hello there Myrna...

I agree w/the gang… maybe try a grain-free kibble and soak it w/warm water first, and she how she does. You can check on www.dogfoodadvisor.com for dog food ratings… I have fed my bullies Fromm's and Earthborn Holistic. So glad to see you posting on here, and your babies are gorgeous!!! ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good job on your first post..... Have you thought about buying a food with smaller kibble? Canned food is higher calorie and could cause weight gain.

OP
M

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good job on your first post..... Have you thought about buying a food with smaller kibble? Canned food is higher calorie and could cause weight gain.

I think that is what will do...then all three of my kids can eat the same thing and if I need to I can soak hers a little Now for what food to get them.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think that is what will do...then all three of my kids can eat the same thing and if I need to I can soak hers a little Now for what food to get them.

A few that I can think of that have a small kibble are Fromm, Earthborn, and Nature's Varitey ... They are grain free too , may be a little more money, but you feed less since they are good quality. I look for more options and post back

Taste of wild, Wellness Core,

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Here are some to look at and keep in mind, you'll need to do a slow transition

Earthborn, Fromm, wellness core, natures variety, taste of the wild, natures logic, avoderm and merrick.... All good quality with small kibble

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Most dogs don't chew their kibble, it goes down whole. Most of FROMM's 4 star grain free foods are small size.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Mom.....I think Nature's Domain from Costco is very comparable to Taste of the Wild. It's also grain free.

OP
M

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok, this is where I am at....Merrick Dry dog food. So first I tried Duck and none of my kids would eat it. So today I bought Buffalo, and I bought Chicken.....They smelled both and ate the Chicken.... so for now it Chicken and sweet Potatoes. I will work on getting them to like the others. I may even try pork and sweet potatoes..... I don't myself do good on Pork so it is hard for me to think of putting the kids on pork ...LOL

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ok, this is where I am at....Merrick Dry dog food. So first I tried Duck and none of my kids would eat it. So today I bought Buffalo, and I bought Chicken.....They smelled both and ate the Chicken.... so for now it Chicken and sweet Potatoes. I will work on getting them to like the others. I may even try pork and sweet potatoes..... I don't myself do good on Pork so it is hard for me to think of putting the kids on pork ...LOL

Merrick is a good food, hope it works well for you and your pack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online