xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
So right now I have feeding Jovi 2 tablespoons of Plain Yogurt a day for her yeats. Now growing up my mother always told me dont give any dairy to the pets as it will give them worms... I know a lot of people on here give their dogs yogurt but wont that give them worms? Im just scared she might get them and I really dont want that

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi April, dairy won't give dogs worms, but dogs do have problems digesting dairy problems which can give them the diarrhea, or soft poops. Yogurt is fine for dogs, as it is digested differently than dairy products. It's the Lactose in milk that causes the digestion and diarrhea problems, but yogurt contains less Lactose, so is easier to digest, plus it has probiotics and beneficial bacteria, that helps with digestion, and boosts the immune system.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I haven't ever read or heard of yogurt giving humans or dogs parasites. What it does accomplish, and perhaps your mother was confused about this, yogurt does provide beneficial bacteria that your intestinal system needs to promote good digestion and improves not only the digestion but the immune system of an animal, dogs or humans

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've never heard of that either, we give Buster a table spoon of yogurt every morning for breakfast.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I concur with the others. I have seen nothing but good things by giving Harlea her daily does of yogurt or kefir.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.