General Question Am I feeding enough??

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
So we are going on week 2 of kibble and I've played with the quantity that I am feeding based on what the poop looks like. Duchess will be 2 this month and weighs about 51LB & I'm feeding her 1.75 cups. Duke will be 1 this month and weighs about 58LB and he is getting 2 cups. Dukes poop is a bit soft compared to duchess but duke has always had a bit of a sensitive stomach and has always gone #2 more than duchess. So far I am please with the results of this kibble. Tears have dramatically reduced to the point that I can now start to work on the staining. Do these feeding amounts seem right for their ages and weights? I feel so clueless after being on raw for so long.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Now that Duchess is getting older I would cut back a little. We feed our adult females 3/4 cups twice a day, but that depends on the food you are feeding. We are feeding FROMM and that is a good amount to maintain their weight so they do not become over weight. I would keep Duke on the amount you have him on for now.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] Thank you for getting back to me. I'm feeding natures logic- it's so hard to tell if I'm feeding enough because they always are hungry - what bulldog isn't?!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=6209]Scueva[/MENTION] ya bullies are always hungry. LOL If you want you can always add some green beans to their food to help fill them up. They do not add weight to your bully. We don't add them anymore, they are used to the amount we give them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.