Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Ok guys so as you know we live in UK ,one of our members just found Fromm supplier here in the uk
Im looking at huge list of ingredients but i cant see actually how many % of meat is in this bag of food-kind of weird as Fromm list percentage of protein ,fat etc
I hope someone will be able to help me with my query
I can also see some grains in
It -oatmeal
Plus yeast???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi ya Pati.... Fromm has many lines of food both grain and grain free. Can you post a picture of the bag?

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
In uk they only sell 2 lines (fromm classic ) -meat percentage isn't listed neither
And Fromm gold this one hun xx
usy3uduq.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
In uk they only sell 2 lines (fromm classic ) -meat percentage isn't listed neither
And Fromm gold this one hun xx
usy3uduq.jpg

OK-- this is the grain line..... I think the protein includes the meat and any other source, not really broken out. But I will tag a couple people that have better knowledge that I do :)

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you xx with Shy being allergic it be no good for us xx
What about fromm classic -i see some grains here too (i looked for the 4star but so far no luck finding it as yet ;-( )
bamany5a.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you xx with Shy being allergic it be no good for us xx
What about fromm classic -i see some grains here too (i looked for the 4star but so far no luck finding it as yet ;-( )
bamany5a.jpg

Also the grain line..... :(

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh well xx never mind xx
Im still on a quest then xxx

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Im planning to phone them on monday ,but first i need to find out how much meat this food have x

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Ok guys so as you know we live in UK ,one of our members just found Fromm supplier here in the uk
Im looking at huge list of ingredients but i cant see actually how many % of meat is in this bag of food-kind of weird as Fromm list percentage of protein ,fat etc
I hope someone will be able to help me with my query
I can also see some grains in
It -oatmeal
Plus yeast???

Hi Pati-

Like [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] said, neither food is grain free.

The first one, Fromm Gold has a "crude protein of 24%". Problem is, crude protein also includes grain sources. Fromm does not break down the actual meat content percentage.
And again, it's not grain free.

The second one, Fromm Classics is a crappy food. Like above, it lists the "crude protein at 23%", but the ingredient list shows that the 3rd, 4th and 5th ingredients are grains, with the 6th being rice.
So I think it's very safe to say that the protein sources in this food come mostly from grains. Obviously not grain free.

If you're looking at an American made foods, make sure it says "Protein" and not "Crude Protein" when listing the % (Like Fromms Grain free line). This is because, while it still doesn't tell you the percentage of animal protein,
it's a safer bet that most of it will not be coming from grains. . Easiest way of doing this is sticking with Grain Free formulas.

This isn't a guarantee though, and you'd still need to read the ingredients. Example is Fromms Grain Free Pork and Peas.
I'm betting it mostly contains animal protein since it's not listed as crude, but you'd need to contact Fromms for a breakdown.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks Hun -I noticed the crude protein part -and made me wonder why this is a 4 star food ,I emailed Fromm and praying for them to reply me ;-) I'm used to see companies listing how much meat and other stuff they actually put in it x

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks Hun -I noticed the crude protein part -and made me wonder why this is a 4 star food ,I emailed Fromm and praying for them to reply me ;-) I'm used to see companies listing how much meat and other stuff they actually put in it x

Yes the USA standard of listing food ingredients (this goes for human consumption too!) is listed by weight, they do not give % of how much of each thing is actually in it. It truly sucks! :donkey:

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes the USA standard of listing food ingredients (this goes for human consumption too!) is listed by weight, they do not give % of how much of each thing is actually in it. It truly sucks! :donkey:
Oh that is not good at all -what would happen it it was only 10-20% :-/ , I get to the bottom of it xxxlol

Jocha25

Feb 28, 2014
What is going to be the best thing to feed my baby Bully which I can get in the UK. Is any food containing grain a no-no? (I know Pati's has an allergy)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.