Help Needed! 7 week old

paigeh79

Mar 1, 2014
I need help, I have a 7 week old baby that is being fed nutro puppy. He seems to be doing ok, aside from soft stools but id like to switch him to a healthier brand before he's much older. I was thinking of using Merrick as It seems good & is sold nearby. My question is can I give him supplements (I.e. yogurt, fruit & veggies) or should I wait until he's a little older? Also, I read that most dogs on dry food are slightly dehydrated but I don't want to cause runny poops so what should I add, if anything? ANY help would be appreciated- I am so confused! Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
A spoon full of yogurt is ok to add to dry food -from what I'm aware this is a complete food so I wouldn't give him anything unless he need it -ps ain't he a little bit to young to leave his mum?

OP
paigeh79

paigeh79

Mar 1, 2014
Um I don't know.
Thanks for your help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
You are welcome
btw ideally puppies should stay with their mum till they are at least 8weeks old (sadly not every breeder care about the pups x)
but you puppy is in a safe hands now

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well the soft poop is probably from eating a little too much food, not the water intake. Try cutting back on his food just a little to see if that helps. Do a 7 day transition when you switch his food, and always have water available to him 24/7, as they need plenty of water to grow and develop.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.