General Question Puppy food

paigeh79

Mar 1, 2014
I got my baby last weekend (he's 7 weeks old) and was told by the breeder to feed him Nutro puppy. Is that a good food or should I switch to another?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
There are much better ones out there available that you could switch to. The best place to star is by reading the dog food ratings information article on the right hand side of the home page as that will give you a good idea on the ranking of foods from 1 star to 6 star. There will be some trial and error to find the right food for you baby as what works for on doesn’t always work for another bully. Many of the members here feed Fromms 4 star line with great success but many others feed other brands that are listed with great results as well.

The end goal is to find the highest quality food you can afford that works the best for you pup. Keep in mind that while higher quailty foods are more expensive that lower quality your pup will eat less of the higher quality food as it meet their nutrition needs better and will last longer than you might expect. As always individual results will vary.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
paigeh79

paigeh79

Mar 1, 2014
Thank you so much. Im thinking of going with merrick. Hes 7 weeks today, is it ok to give him all the yummies (yogurt, fruit, veggies) or should I wait until he's a little older? I don't want him to have runny poops!

OP
paigeh79

paigeh79

Mar 1, 2014
(Sorry!) Also how long should I wait in between giving new treats so I know there's no concern for allergy?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We started introducing new things right away but never more than one new thing every few days so that if Harlea did have a reaction we would know exactly what caused it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feed our pups FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag and give all of our bullies "Fruitables" for their treats. Wow, 7 weeks old, it amazes me these breeders letting their pups go so young.

Jocha25

Feb 28, 2014
Hi Davidh, I am getting a puppy in 4 weeks. Is this the stuff you mean? There isn't a lot of suppliers in the UK but I found this website
amu9aqa4.jpg
I want to get my puppy off to a good start you see 😁

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes that is the right stuff.

Jocha25

Feb 28, 2014
I read something about dehydration and adding yoghurt. Do I do that with this food and on every meal?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi Davidh, I am getting a puppy in 4 weeks. Is this the stuff you mean? There isn't a lot of suppliers in the UK but I found this website
amu9aqa4.jpg
I want to get my puppy off to a good start you see 😁

Oh fantastic! Have you ordered from them before? I usually order from the websites i know but none of them carried fromm i might as well switch my girls again ;-)

And what is the meat percentage in the Fromm adult gold bag i had a look on the Fromm website but it isnt listed

Jocha25

Feb 28, 2014
No never used them. I have used small unheard companies for my Parrots where I have been a little dubious but I haven't been scammed thus far. The website does have an address so seems legit. I might give them a ring tomorrow ;0)
atera3yh.jpg

Jocha25

Feb 28, 2014
No never used them. I have used small unheard companies for my Parrots where I have been a little dubious but I haven't been scammed thus far. The website does have an address so seems legit. I might give them a ring tomorrow ;0)
pe8arypu.jpg

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Great let me know x i just saved them in my bookmarks -all i need to know now is how much meat is actually in this food before i purchase it ;-)

iamsara

Mar 2, 2014
Las Vegas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttacup
I just got a new puppy and heard that royal canine for bulldogs is a good food too...is that true?

iambuttacup mom

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
I just got a new puppy and heard that royal canine for bulldogs is a good food too...is that true?

iambuttacup mom
not really - it contains grains and unnecessary fillers,I think it's their pr and marketing strategies makes people think that ( but everyone have different opinion on this type of food ) welcome on the forum :). Have a look through dog food ratings here on the forum -it will give you an idea what is the highest rated and what isn't and suitable for every budget x

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.