Desiree
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    General Patton
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 13 Recommendations of Best to Worst Dog Food Diets

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Mitchel View Post
    @pattonsmom so sorry your puppy is struggling so. I hope his health improves! Poor baby! Just curious, why did the vet recommend Eukanuba?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly I think it was being he had good experience with it personally. It does seem to be helping in other areas...I can now pick up his poop (put it that way) so that's a good thing. His itching has definitely subsided but it is still there. I am hopefully because he does seem to be getting better every day, last night he even slept through the whole night for the first time in weeks so I am hopeful for that light at the end of the tunnel.
    Proud to be Patton's Mommy.

Good post.

For now Lola is eating 1 cup royal canin Labrador kibble (It was on sale) and 1-2 cups wellness per day.

I have always bought the very best foods I can get on sale.

My main concern is to keep her on a grain free diet to prevent ear infections and allergies.

Our therapy dog group doesn't allow raw food diets.
    Princess Lola and the Pea , ACGC, CGC, Registered Therapy Dog through Therapy Dogs Incorporated.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

We're back to inflamed yeasty ears. I think Charley has caught my grass allergy! As soon as we take him out for a walk, he starts sneezing. If it's a grass allergy, grain in his food might cause problems? His current acana lamb and apple food is going to a grain free formulation. Our local store doesn't have it yet, but we'll soon be trying grain free again. It will be an interesting experiment. Hopefully loose stools and stomach aches don't return!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry you're going though this with Charley, I hope trying the grain free helps and gives him relief from his allergies. Have you tried the Fromm's Grain Free foods? Our female Blossom has allergies to chicken, salmon, corn and grains, and we switched her food 4 times before we found one that she tolerated. We've been feeding our guys Fromm's for 2 years and they both do really well on it.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    India
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moey & Pinky
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for this useful information....is the book Dr. Beckerís Real Food for Healthy Dogs & Cats? I am living in India and would like to order it online.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    I'm sorry you're going though this with Charley, I hope trying the grain free helps and gives him relief from his allergies. Have you tried the Fromm's Grain Free foods? Our female Blossom has allergies to chicken, salmon, corn and grains, and we switched her food 4 times before we found one that she tolerated. We've been feeding our guys Fromm's for 2 years and they both do really well on it.
    I haven't tried Fromms, but that could be a next step, depending upon what happens with Acana. I've been quite impressed with Acana since it provides quality ingredients, he was tolerating it, and it is a little less costly than Fromms. I realized the Missing Link skin and coat supplement (high omega 3 fatty acids) I'm giving him for shedding has rice bran in it, but the yeasty ears might be from grass allergy. He was fine until high grass allergy season. Missing link has helped some with his hair loss so I hate to eliminate that.

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    chuck
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Well I was feeding Brutus and Frankie Merrick grain free line, but Brutus has developed severe allergies and now I have to feed him Royal Canin Hypoallergenic and hydrolyzed prescription dry food. I know it is not the best food and low on your list BUT it is the only thing at this point that Brutus is thriving on. He vomits profusely on anything else so I really can't be and do not feel guilty feeding him a food that is lower on your list. Sometimes we don't have a choice what we can feed our babies. Frankie is still on the Merrick.
    My chuck was originally on alpo when we got him.. Then we switched to holistic lamb, which after 3 days he stopped eating & was lathargic,, then the vet put him on royal can in gastrointestinal which he enjoyed but started losing hair, in little spots but nonetheless losing hair.. We now have him half & half the canin & wholesomeblend.. His hair has improved greatly!! Eventually we will have him on the wholesome solely..I read bad stuff about the royal canin so that made us switch...

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads