Thread: Is the kibble agreeing with him?

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Default Is the kibble agreeing with him?

Hey guys, so I'm doing a test run back on kibble. Duke will be a year old next month and I put him on raw since about 12 weeks. Duchess will be 2 next month and she has been on raw since about 6 months. It got increasing hard to make the food runs and be able to store enough since I live in a high rise condo. So I went to the ikc show this weekend and there were food reps there and after talking to the rep from natures logic I decided to give it a go. One things I noticed is they both have finally stopped tearing. This is amazing toe because no matter what raw protein I fed they both were tearing like crazy- I about gave up. So now they aren't tearing they love the food duchess poop is good and formed and the right quantity and her coat feels nice. The question is prior to switching to the kibble I ran out of raw and couldn't get to my distributor and fed whole ground chicken to them for about a week. Keep in mind I always used chicken as a last resort. Well duke didn't agree with it and had terrible loose stool starting shedding a lot - this the reason I am doing a test run on kibble I don't want to have to put him through that again. So my question is he's still shedding and his poop is formed but kind of soft serve. They have been on the kibble since Sunday. Is there a certain time frame I should give him before trying a different flavor? They are eating sardine flavor now. I bought apart every flavor nature logic makes except chicken for this test run. Thoughts guys? I feel like a newbie again as I haven't used kibble in soooooo long. Also I am currently feeding duchess 2 cups and duke 2.5 cups a day.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is the kibble agreeing with him?

I would think that it would take about a month to adjust to the new diet. As long as there are no obvious signs that it DOESN'T agree with them. I am not a diet expert-by any means. Someone more knowledgeable will be along! @desertskybulldogs
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Manydogs is right, give it four weeks if there's no bad reactions.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I agree, especially since there is no transition, because even with transitions there is always a high chance of a gassy reaction or soft poop they go through.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the input. I'll keep monitoring them.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I agree, it will take a few weeks or so to tell, plus if Duke's poop doesn't firm up in a few days, try cutting back on the amount just a little to see if that helps.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Remove Ads