Help Needed! Is the kibble agreeing with him?

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Hey guys, so I'm doing a test run back on kibble. Duke will be a year old next month and I put him on raw since about 12 weeks. Duchess will be 2 next month and she has been on raw since about 6 months. It got increasing hard to make the food runs and be able to store enough since I live in a high rise condo. So I went to the ikc show this weekend and there were food reps there and after talking to the rep from natures logic I decided to give it a go. One things I noticed is they both have finally stopped tearing. This is amazing toe because no matter what raw protein I fed they both were tearing like crazy- I about gave up. So now they aren't tearing they love the food duchess poop is good and formed and the right quantity and her coat feels nice. The question is prior to switching to the kibble I ran out of raw and couldn't get to my distributor and fed whole ground chicken to them for about a week. Keep in mind I always used chicken as a last resort. Well duke didn't agree with it and had terrible loose stool starting shedding a lot - this the reason I am doing a test run on kibble I don't want to have to put him through that again. So my question is he's still shedding and his poop is formed but kind of soft serve. They have been on the kibble since Sunday. Is there a certain time frame I should give him before trying a different flavor? They are eating sardine flavor now. I bought apart every flavor nature logic makes except chicken for this test run. Thoughts guys? I feel like a newbie again as I haven't used kibble in soooooo long. Also I am currently feeding duchess 2 cups and duke 2.5 cups a day.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would think that it would take about a month to adjust to the new diet. As long as there are no obvious signs that it DOESN'T agree with them. I am not a diet expert-by any means. Someone more knowledgeable will be along! [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Manydogs is right, give it four weeks if there's no bad reactions.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree, especially since there is no transition, because even with transitions there is always a high chance of a gassy reaction or soft poop they go through.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, it will take a few weeks or so to tell, plus if Duke's poop doesn't firm up in a few days, try cutting back on the amount just a little to see if that helps.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.