should I switch puppy food????

Angela Cammarn

Feb 23, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Scroter Dean
Ok experienced EBD parents I have a question about switching puppy food. My little one is just a little over 4 mo. old. He is currently on Science Diet Puppy healthy Development. This is what his breeders had him on. I have been researching other brands and I'm leaning towards Fromm's. Why the change??? I want something healthier. He seems to tolerate his current diet fine. The only thing I see as a problem is the tear stains, which may not even be food related. So with that said, should I change his diet?????
[h=1]Thanks[/h]

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Personally, I would. Science Diet isn't too great of a food. I got my pup Saturday and he came to me eating Iams. I am starting the transition to Fromm puppy tomorrow morning!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
If you can I would. Switching to a good food now can save you $$$ in the long run and your baby will be healthier.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
yes agree with above. My breeder fed Jovi Diamond (terrible) and after signing up for this site everybody, i mean EVERYBODY seemed to be ranting and raving about this Fromms food for their bullys with such great reviews. So I switched her and she has a great coat, her stool is that perfect medium, she rarely ever farts, and i have never seen any tear stains on her. Not to mention she has a really soft silky coat! And I have heard extremely bad reviews on science diet. Usually people who dont do their research and listen to their vet (i hate to say it but sometimes the vet isnt always right) because vets make commision off of that brand so they are forced to try and sell it. But I believe you will have a healthier puppy switching than the one she is on. It will give her everything she needs for her immune system to grow accordingly and strong.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Fromms all the way. We switched from Blue wilderness to Fromm when we got our EB. All three of my dogs are thriving on it and I've noticed that my other two who grew up on Blue have less farts and express their anal glands significantly less. my Frenchton use to excrete all the time and since the food switch he hasn't for quite a while (knock on wood)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can't go wrong giving a high quality food to your baby.

samaroberoi4474

Mar 1, 2014
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
rocky
Yes you can switch for something more healthy and nutritious. I feed my dog with Royal Canin because of its formulated ingredient which has all the essential nutrients needed for my junior pet dog. Take a look at the product range here:

[link removed]

[LINK REMOVED BY JEANNIECO]

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.