Canned food?

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Does anyone supplement with canned food? I am doing a trial run switching back from raw to kibble. I'm feeding natures logic kibble. They also make canned and raw diets which I like. Thoughts on canned food? I was thinking maybe once a week mixed with kibble to keep it interesting for them. Thoughts ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have used it at times to help hide powder medicine for Banks... I used Fromm beef about 2 or 3 tablespoons. I did not see any change in her :poo: when I did this with her

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] how long does a typical 26LB bag of kibble last? I'm feeding 4.5-5 cups a day between duke and duchess- I just switched yesterday so I am in trial mode with the amounts until I get it figured out. Something in me feels guilty about taking them off raw it just was getting too hard to make the runs to buy the food. However I will say that their tears have cut waaaaaay back to where their wrinkles are almost completely dry. No matter what raw protein I fed I could not accomplish this granted they are only 3 meals in with kibble.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We feed Harlea 2 cups a day and a 26lb bag of Fromms lasts us right at or just under 3 months depending on how much we have used for treats when working with her. So a month to month and a half is not unrealistic for 2 pups.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I used to but with Truman's allergies, I decided to just eliminate it because I'm not sure what exactly is bothering him but it didn't change his stool. It idid make a mess with eating!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I feed Elmo Fromm Gold Puppy hard food, in the pink bag about 1 cup, and about 2 tablespoons of Canidae canned food, I use chicken with rice. I feed Elmo three times a day. Susan Moore

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
I tried canned food almost by accident with Daisy. I made her birthday cake out of Blue Buffallo canned food. For a couple of days I mixed a bit of the canned food/cake into her kibble. I didn't notice any changes to her poops but one good thing was that it slowed her eating down to a normal pace. I tried to find info on whether it is ok or even good to feed canned and didn't find much.
What I did find on the Blue Buffallo site was that if you add water to kibble it "releases the flavors" (who knew?). I've been doing that the last few days instead of adding canned. I don't know whether the flavors matter to her but it is accomplishing the same thing of slowing her down. I'm happy and she's happy.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I feed Maximus both dry and canned. He gets one can of WELLNESS CORE Weight Maintenance forumula per day, and one cup of Dry WELLNESS CORE Reduced Fat formula per day. I started the canned food after I realized feeding him the Raw diet medallions just got way to expensive.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.