Soft stool :(

Jassimoo

Feb 6, 2014
Colorado
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stanlee
So stanlee has done the switch from purina pro plan to nature variety instinct raw and it was done slowly and every stool he was having was fine. He has been on only nvi for the last 2 weeks and his stool has been very firm,until yesterday. He just struggled to go and it came out like soft serve :( I would say it was because of the good change but he has been changed and everything was fine. Any thoughts? Should I switch him to another food? He gets 1 1/2 cup on nvi lamb/venison formula and at table spoon scoop of the canned nvi for breakfast and the same for dinner. Thanks guys! 😔

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Is he eating any treats besides his food? -cut them out
My other thought is to reduce his food intake
Also is hes worming up to date?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Since you feed raw patties, I am not sure maybe [MENTION=164]APRIL[/MENTION]mari can help

OP
Jassimoo

Jassimoo

Feb 6, 2014
Colorado
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stanlee
No it's not the raw patties just the nature variety raw boost so it's the kibble. ��

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry... Misunderstood! How old is your boy?

OP
Jassimoo

Jassimoo

Feb 6, 2014
Colorado
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stanlee
8 months! I cut out all treats today and didn't put any warm water in his food the way I usually do so he could have a dryer dinner. Hopefully it will get better. I was thinking of going from nvi to from,beef frittata. It looks as if a lot of people on the forum give it to their bullies! It's not as pricey as nvi either.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
well one day of soft stool can happen for lots of reasons...give it a couple days, if it keeps up, he may have an infection or something. lots of bacteria are growing outside as people dont pick up poo and the snow melts

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.