Scabby skin and food

JLR989

Jan 3, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Big Mama
I posted a bit ago about my 6 year old bulldog who has skin issues that have creeped up in the past 4 or so months. She also suffers from interdigital cysts. The vet wanted to try the hills diet for allergies, however, after posting on here I was prompted to try a new food. I am trying the Blue Buffalo Grain free limited ingredient turkey and potatoe...... She hates it! She won't eat it even if I try mixing the soft version of the same food with it. Any suggestions on other food to try? Also, any input in grain free and limited ingredient food?

MarleneK

Dec 21, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
I am having the same issues with my 3 1/2 year old male bulldog. His poor ears get so red and flaky and I am forever massaging in Polysporin, Witch Hazel, etc. He has been on TLC Pet Food since he was pup then we tried Orijen Six Fish next (our vet was concerned that the Crude Protein of 38% is much too high for him plus he was pooping like no tomorrow).

Just this week I am slowing switching him over to Nature's Variety Instinct Grain-Free Nutrition (Limited Ingredient Diet). I was told that either the Rabbit Meal Formula or Duck Meal Formula are the 2 best choices for dogs with allergies (Chicken being the worst) so I am starting with the Rabbit one. Also the crude protein is not as high at 27.0%. I've attached the link, there is a big difference between the Limited Ingredient Diet and just the regular one so be sure to get the LID if you decide to try it. Good luck.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/Instinct/dog/kibble/LIDrabbit

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Try to find a food without white potato... and you are a smart person to avoid the HIlls food... they are good for a short period of time to address an urgent issue, but long term you need to find the right food for your bully baby

Alot have great results with Fromm, Eathborn and Nature's Variety .... take a long at the dog food ratings list here on the site and if you have any questions just ask someone will be able to help.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online