URGENT!!! These Dog Treats Are Horrible

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Are there any chew bones with healthy ingredients and no toxins? Is rawhide ok? My mother-in-law bought her Nutri-Dent (green toothbrush) made with wheat starch, glycerin, powdered cellulose, natural flavor, and some vitamins. She just loved chewing on them.

Our Buttercup also loves the Wellness WellBars with crunchy peanut butter & honey. I mostly give her tiny homemade treats of freshly ground flaxseed mixed with smooth natural peanut butter (no sugar or added oils). She LOVES these and they make it easy to give pills without arousing her suspicion. I make the mixture fresh every day or two and bring it to vet visits.

ccbulldog

Sep 22, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
Great information :goodjob: Thank goodness Rosie likes green beans. It's really unbelievable how bad some of these dog products can be.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Is there a link? My dad constantly gives the dogs milk bones (though I've told him not to) - I would love to share this article with him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lgajohnymac

Oct 1, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Summer
Here is a link to some info on how FDA regulates pet food/snacks. Its best to inform yourself to make decisions concerning your pets food suppliers.

Pet Food

There always will be those shady manufacturers that do bad things, counterfeit foods, and manufacturing mistakes. If you look for bad things for almost any treat or food out there you will most likely find something.

But, if it makes you feel better giving your pets the food you choose for them, then good for you and your dog. My apologies for the soapbox, I work for an animal health company, and there is a lot of information out there in this vast internet to wade through.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Are there any chew bones with healthy ingredients and no toxins? Is rawhide ok? My mother-in-law bought her Nutri-Dent (green toothbrush) made with wheat starch, glycerin, powdered cellulose, natural flavor, and some vitamins. She just loved chewing on them.

Our Buttercup also loves the Wellness WellBars with crunchy peanut butter & honey. I mostly give her tiny homemade treats of freshly ground flaxseed mixed with smooth natural peanut butter (no sugar or added oils). She LOVES these and they make it easy to give pills without arousing her suspicion. I make the mixture fresh every day or two and bring it to vet visits.

Hi minibull, no rawhide is not okay for bullies, they are dangerous and they can choke on them. The Green Nutrition-Dent are something I would be leery about giving them as well, because bullies tend to not chew things and will often swallow the bones whole, which can cause choking and stomach problems. Also the treats from China that were killing dogs all contained Glycerin, which can cause Kidney Failure in dogs. It also contains a lot of artificial additives, and chemical ingredients that are not good for dogs. The Wellness bars are an excellent choice, as well as anything homemade with natural ingredients, because you control the ingredients, and you know what's in them. I also give my guys Benny Bullies which are just natural freeze dried liver and nothing else, and the Fruitables which are also all natural. My guys also get fresh strawberries, bananas, cut up apples, peanut butter, yogurt, and green beans, or just a piece of their own kibble as a treat.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I haven't heard of fruitables either, I'd love a little more info.
Bocephus gets organic treats, not that he chews them - but at least I feel better knowing they are good for him.

fruitables_logo_01.jpg
fruitables_hdr_nutrition.jpg
fruitables_topper_nutrition.jpg
fruitables_tagline_01.jpg

madeinusa.jpg
fruitables_title_nutrition_01.gif
fruitables_nutrition_sml_01.gif
Developed by our founder, a D.V.M. and one of the world’s leading Ph.D.s in pet nutrition, this patent pending concept in advanced nutrition utilizes nature’s gifts of fruits and vegetables to balance palatability, calorie control, and satiety in foods that your pet will love. With only 68 calories per cup of Fruitables® Pumpkin Digestive Supplement and under 9 calories in each Fruitables® Treat, our products truly are CalorieSmart®!
2_2_spacer.gif
fruitables_nutrition_sml_02.gif
We use selected organic ingredients like Organic Oatmeal and Organic Molasses to drive natural flavor and efficacy in all of our products. All of our treats are baked in an Organic Certified bakery.
2_2_spacer.gif
fruitables_nutrition_sml_03.gif
Pumpkin - one of Nature’s Superfoods that is rich in Antioxidants, Vitamins A, C, and E and an excellent source of dietary fiber. Dogs love its terrific natural taste and texture added to their diet. >more info
2_2_spacer.gif
nutrition_sweet_potato_pie.jpg
Sweet Potato - Nature’s kissing cousin to pumpkin. It’s rich orange color indicates the high level of beta carotene, Vitamins A, C, and Manganese. It is also a good source of dietary fiber with a flavor that pets crave. >more info
2_2_spacer.gif
Cranberry_Circle.jpg
Cranberries - Very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Vitamin E ( Alpha Tocopherol ) and Vitamin K, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C and Manganese. >more info
2_2_spacer.gif
Papaya_Circle.jpg
Papayas - Very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Vitamin E ( Alpha Tocopherol ) and Vitamin K, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C and Manganese. >more info
2_2_spacer.gif
fruitables_nutrition_sml_05.gif
Blueberries - a tasty addition and a Superfood in its own right. Rich in Antioxidants and a good source of dietary fiber. >more info
2_2_spacer.gif
fruitables_nutrition_sml_06.gif
Apples - another favorite flavor that is a good source of both soluble and insoluble fiber in addition to Vitamin C. Ours contains the skin and flesh for the complete nutrition and taste benefit. >more info
2_2_spacer.gif
fruitables_nutrition_sml_04.gif
Bananas - a favorite flavor addition that is low in saturated fat, cholesterol, is a very good source of Vitamin B6, and a good source of potassium and Manganese. >more info
2_2_spacer.gif
roundflag_sm.jpg
Fruitables® are made and sourced in the USA. Our treats are baked in a certified organic facility.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Fruitables

*Nutritious pumpkin or sweet potato enriches these delicious dog treats

*Crunchy treats boast amazing aroma and taste in under 9 calories per treat

*Bite-size treats have NO soy, corn or wheat and nothing artificial

logo-made-in-usa.gif
Harvest-fresh pumpkin or sweet potato makes these dog treats brim with aroma, flavor, and nutrition - but not excess calories. Fruitables 100% natural dog treats are made with the super foods known for healthy beta carotene, plus other nutritious ingredients like blueberry, cranberry, apple, banana, or pecan. These low-calorie treats have oatmeal and pearled barley, but NO wheat, corn, or soy, so they are ideal for pets with those food sensitivities.
Sweetened lightly with organic cane molasses, vanilla and cinnamon, Fruitables pack surprisingly rich flavor, but very few calories - less than 9 calories per treat. Plus, they contain NO artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. Flower-shaped, 1" treats are ideal for quick rewards or training. About 90 treats per 7 oz pkg. Made and sourced in the USA.
Please specify flavor: Pumpkin & Cranberry, Pumpkin & Blueberry, Pumpkin & Apple, Pumpkin & Banana, Sweet Potato & Pecan, or NEW Apples & Bacon.
If you like these, try our other Fruitables Dog Treats.
Please click on "More Information" for ingredients and analysis.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online