Thread: Please help me!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Louie
    Likes (Received)

Default Please help me!

Hi I started a thread about a day ago on my bully experiencing acne on his face. Took him to the vet yesterday and the technician said I don't have anything to worry about that it's normal. He's progressively getting worse I feel like. I've had a few suggestions but this time I need some more any feed back would be MUCH APPRECIATED. He's currently 5 months old I'm feeding him fromms beef frittata. His poop is very solid so I'm not sure if he's allergic to it. Doesn't scratch or lick his paws very active. Here's a picture tell me what you think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Please help me!

I guess it's normal for them to have one or two every now and then but I don't think it's normal all the time My Boeboe can get one like every other month or so but it goes away quickly. I think I missed your first thread... I've heard using metallic or ceramic bowls and clean them after every use can help if you don't use that already. If he's a messy eater it might help to wipe him after food? I don't know... Maybe it can be allergy but I've seen many here feed their bulldogs fromm as it seems to work well with them. Someone on here with experience of this will most likely have great ideas I hope he gets better soon
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Lilly is currently going through it ,we are using ceramic bowls from the start, wiping her chin dry as often as we can ,and now starting to wiping it with witch hazel daily -its easing up ,just keep at it -make sure chin stays dry at all times
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Yes, I'd change the bowls, there can be allergies to the impurities in metals
    that make up stainless steel so try glass or ceramic. Keep chin dry after drinking.
    Buy organic coconut oil and warm in hands than apply to chin and any irritated
    areas, it doesn't take much & doesn't stay oily. It is anti bacterial, anti fungal,
    anti viral & anti microbial...fab stuff! If his nose gets dry/crusty put a tad bit on it.
    Strengthen immune system by giving a 1/4 tsp daily as a food topper and increase
    every few weeks as he grows by 1/4 tsp to eventually giving 1 tsp daily. Once fully
    grown (60 plus lbs) he can take 1 tsp twice daily. His skin & fur will be awesome!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Hes just going through puberty lol. We bought strides acne pads for Mack at the suggestion of members here. The green box. I think it's for sensitive skin and doesn't have some stuff in it that the regular ones do. Anyways, I did those twice a day for a few days and he cleared right up. We started putting a splash of apple cider vinegar in his water and it has never happened again since.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

If his chin is always wet from drinking water.... get a LARGE Rabbit Bottle and mount it Worked for Hershey right now that pup doesnt need to see a vet tech, he needs to see a Vet, and I would say a round of antibiotics... darn there is one specifically for acne...........TETRACYCLINE (sp?) that's it! it'll clear it up in a few doses. but to prevent from coming back is a different story

Bulldog Vet in Training LaurenA's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rook
    Likes (Received)

I mentioned it before and second what RaRett said - the mounted lick bottles did wonders for clearing up Rook's acne. It had gotten really bad, and that was the trick that cleared it up for good.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    If his chin is always wet from drinking water.... get a LARGE Rabbit Bottle and mount it Worked for Hershey right now that pup doesnt need to see a vet tech, he needs to see a Vet, and I would say a round of antibiotics... darn there is one specifically for acne...........TETRACYCLINE (sp?) that's it! it'll clear it up in a few doses. but to prevent from coming back is a different story

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

Time to see a vet.

Our Charley now only gets an occasional lesion, but is was bad for awhile. He ended up on a round of antibiotics plus fortiflora. I don't recall which antibiotic, but it seems like it started with a "c". The infection can become systemic and quite serious. If I see a lesion now, I put on a little dab of benzoyl peroxide for a day or so (like clearasil) to clear it up. I also wash his face daily with baby wipes and dry. I use stainless bowls and always have, but much fussier now about washing them after each meal.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I can see everyone's got you covered with great advice. I hope you find solutions and that his face acne clears up. Please keep us updated on how he's doing, and share what worked for you. Feel better Louie.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Remove Ads