Please help me!

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Hi I started a thread about a day ago on my bully experiencing acne on his face. Took him to the vet yesterday and the technician said I don't have anything to worry about that it's normal. He's progressively getting worse I feel like. I've had a few suggestions but this time I need some more any feed back would be MUCH APPRECIATED. He's currently 5 months old I'm feeding him fromms beef frittata. His poop is very solid so I'm not sure if he's allergic to it. Doesn't scratch or lick his paws very active. Here's a picture tell me what you think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 193

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I guess it's normal for them to have one or two every now and then but I don't think it's normal all the time:unsure: My Boeboe can get one like every other month or so but it goes away quickly. I think I missed your first thread... I've heard using metallic or ceramic bowls and clean them after every use can help if you don't use that already. If he's a messy eater it might help to wipe him after food? I don't know... Maybe it can be allergy but I've seen many here feed their bulldogs fromm as it seems to work well with them. Someone on here with experience of this will most likely have great ideas:) I hope he gets better soon:hug:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Lilly is currently going through it ,we are using ceramic bowls from the start, wiping her chin dry as often as we can ,and now starting to wiping it with witch hazel daily -its easing up ,just keep at it -make sure chin stays dry at all times

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes, I'd change the bowls, there can be allergies to the impurities in metals
that make up stainless steel so try glass or ceramic. Keep chin dry after drinking.
Buy organic coconut oil and warm in hands than apply to chin and any irritated
areas, it doesn't take much & doesn't stay oily. It is anti bacterial, anti fungal,
anti viral & anti microbial...fab stuff! If his nose gets dry/crusty put a tad bit on it.
Strengthen immune system by giving a 1/4 tsp daily as a food topper and increase
every few weeks as he grows by 1/4 tsp to eventually giving 1 tsp daily. Once fully
grown (60 plus lbs) he can take 1 tsp twice daily. His skin & fur will be awesome!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Hes just going through puberty lol. We bought strides acne pads for Mack at the suggestion of members here. The green box. I think it's for sensitive skin and doesn't have some stuff in it that the regular ones do. Anyways, I did those twice a day for a few days and he cleared right up. We started putting a splash of apple cider vinegar in his water and it has never happened again since.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
If his chin is always wet from drinking water.... get a LARGE Rabbit Bottle and mount it :) Worked for Hershey :) :) right now that pup doesnt need to see a vet tech, he needs to see a Vet, and I would say a round of antibiotics... darn there is one specifically for acne...........TETRACYCLINE (sp?) that's it! it'll clear it up in a few doses. but to prevent from coming back is a different story

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I mentioned it before and second what RaRett said - the mounted lick bottles did wonders for clearing up Rook's acne. It had gotten really bad, and that was the trick that cleared it up for good. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If his chin is always wet from drinking water.... get a LARGE Rabbit Bottle and mount it :) Worked for Hershey :) :) right now that pup doesnt need to see a vet tech, he needs to see a Vet, and I would say a round of antibiotics... darn there is one specifically for acne...........TETRACYCLINE (sp?) that's it! it'll clear it up in a few doses. but to prevent from coming back is a different story

:up:

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
Time to see a vet.

Our Charley now only gets an occasional lesion, but is was bad for awhile. He ended up on a round of antibiotics plus fortiflora. I don't recall which antibiotic, but it seems like it started with a "c". The infection can become systemic and quite serious. If I see a lesion now, I put on a little dab of benzoyl peroxide for a day or so (like clearasil) to clear it up. I also wash his face daily with baby wipes and dry. I use stainless bowls and always have, but much fussier now about washing them after each meal.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I can see everyone's got you covered with great advice. I hope you find solutions and that his face acne clears up. Please keep us updated on how he's doing, and share what worked for you. Feel better Louie.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.