Kind of lost.. need suggestions.. (again)

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
That was too funny [MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] !!

If it makes you feel better curly was also 32 lbs at 16 weeks. He is about 63 lbs right now at 7 months. When he was 16 weeks he was all belly. Now he is all shoulders and face

Our last visit to the vet at about 5.5 months when we got him neutered he was 53 lbs. that's when the vet told us that even though he's a growing puppy we should start watching his weights.

Curly hated walks until he was about 5 months. We learned that he likes to walk without a leash (we call them freedom walks). So we started taking him for walks in the park and hikes. We got him one of those harnesses by long with the handle on top in case he starts "running" off. He's not fast at all so his run is just my normal pace walk. Then we gradually introduced the leash to him.

That help curve his weight gain but he was seriously gaining at least 5 lbs per week when he was under 5 months. Lately though I've noticed he has started to lean out. I haven't fed him any less and we only do our walks every other day when I have time. I've also replaced his treats with carrots and low fat cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] I just saw the pics on your other post. Sooo cute and he looks like curly when he was 16 months. Hopefully it is a phase and he will start leaning out when he gets older like curly is now. This is curly at 16 weeks.

namuby4e.jpg

This is curly now

unesu9yn.jpg

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Thanks for all the help everybody... I've started switching them over to Wellness Core (Ocean for Molly and Puppy for Kev). Molly 'seems' to like the Ocean flavor (she will eat it over a 20 minute time frame) but we'll see when she's not eating a mix of her old and new.

I had to take Kevin to the vet again this weekend (small little lump on his shoulder from his puppy shots).. and he's gained 3lb's over 1 week :blush2: .

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
@TheLost I just saw the pics on your other post. Sooo cute and he looks like curly when he was 16 months. Hopefully it is a phase and he will start leaning out when he gets older like curly is now. This is curly at 16 weeks.

namuby4e.jpg

This is curly now

unesu9yn.jpg

Curly is totally Kevin's "brotha-from-a-diffrent-motha'!"... same ear spots and all :)

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] I just brought curly home from the vet and he is 68 lbs and the vet said he was a good size (weight wise). If Kevin grows like curly (chubby in the beginning and then starts slimming down) I think he will be fine

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.