help please dog breaking out red bumps near mouth

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
hi i recently noticed red bumps near the mouth of my 5month old bulldog. i first found one under his jawline and didnt think much of it but now i've spotted about 3 more all around his mouth. he is currently eating fromms beef fritatta. i'm not sure if he's allergic to it because his stooles are nice and firm. ill upload a picture from my phone asap. anyone have a clue what it could be?

OP
L

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
image.jpg

OP
L

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
might switch him to TOTW. seems like an allergic outbreak to me with the info ive dug up

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sometimes they get "puppy acne'. Sometimes it is from their muzzle staying wet from drinking. Try drying his mouth after he drinks. You could put some desitin on the spots.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I agree. Looks like acne. Keep his mouth as dry as possible. What type of bowls are you using?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
L

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
im using a stainless steel bowl. never really wiped his mouth after he drinks water. i never use tap water. what should i do to clear it up?

iggypiggy

Dec 8, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Iggy
My bulldog used to get those. I found that by taking away cheap plastic or cheap rubber toys they went away. I hope this helps

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
they will go away on their own, I always wipe Lola's mouth after she drinks water. I keep a dishtowel handy. You can also use douxo wipes or a bit of witch hazel to keep his muzzie dry. it's no big deal…they will go away

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
My pup also had this. Even though I always dried his face after he drank water I just couldn't get it dry enough. I eventually switched his water to a lick bottle and it cleared right up. His cheeks and chin stay dry and no more outbreaks. Plus he loves to lick things so he loves the water bottle. :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I switched from stainless bowls to ceramic and it helped a lot

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
Try all these recommendations, but watch it carefully. It can turn into a serious systemic infection, even though it doesn't look it. Vet did a skin scraping on Charley's last year and he needed very heavy antibiotics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
L

Louiethebulldog

Dec 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
One of his red bump has blood at the tip of it. should I be worried? I hate to see these bumps on his face :(

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
No, don't be worried, just make sure to wipe his mouth after drinking, I have been through this with Vegas, he too gets bloody bumps. I bought some shammies, used on cars, to wipe Vegs's chin every time he drinks. A little desitin on them will help too.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
My Elmo has the same thing, I wipe his mouth a lot to keep it dry, it will get better. Susan

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My younger one is a sloppy drinker and has these on his chin from time to time. You just need to dry his chin after drinking, no need for food change.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.