General Question is it ok to mix a bit of wet food with kibble?

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
I have been giving my boy salmon and potatoe kibble, topped with a bit of wet food just to take the boredom out of his kibble. is this ok to do or will it mess with his digestive system?

i have been doing this for about a month and he seems fine, his stools are firm etc, and he really enjoys his food.

i look forward to your answers, jase

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Don't see any reason why this would be a problem. He seems to be doing fine with it!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Jason, it's perfectly okay to add some wet food to the kibble, it certainly won't hurt Hugo. It's best to use the same brand of wet food as the kibble when you can, such as Fromms kibble with Fromms wet food, or Go kibble with Go wet food. You can add pretty much anything you want to such as warm water, vegetables, fruits, salmon oil, or coconut oil, or plain unsweetened yogurt. When adding extras to their regular food, it's best to add one thing at a time, so you know what they tolerate, or which food gave them a reaction if they have one. As long as they aren't gaining to much weight, or becoming obese from the extras, or their poops are normal, then it's okay to give them the extras.

OP
homeriscool

homeriscool

Dec 26, 2013
United Kingdom, Wirral
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo
Thanks for your answers, i just wanted to make sure. He is on the same brand wet meat as dry. He only gets a very small amount with his kibble.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Oh yes my boy loves it when do this for him .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.